Stop complaining about regioanal coverage. get the package. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stop complaining about regioanal coverage. get the package.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:24 am

I have had the package since 1998 I believe, but I will be the first to say the cost is high, and will go up next year again as prices will again go up.

Plus, with my son growing up, just not the whole day to sit and watch football anymore. That is until he takes enough interest in it...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:03 am

Being on the 12th floor of a high rise apartment with no balcony, getting a dish might be a little tough. Luckily, there's a sports bar across the street with a comfy couch.

And I agree with the other guy. They should have a per team package or per game. KC has 4 or 5 national games as it is. If I'm going to pay $15 per game for the rest of the season, I'd rather get a burger and some beer while I'm at it.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:15 am

The_Commish wrote:Nothing good comes out of living in the dorms!

Sexual relations with females in close proximity comes to mind.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:39 am

Sheesh, this is a cranky thread.

I have never bitched about regionaly broadcasting, but heres why I dont have Sunday Ticket

1) I live in a townhome and there are rules about any sort of dishes being put up. Im simply not ALLOWED to

2) The cost isnt $159. That is the cost if you are already paying for direct TV and already have all the equipment. Its a joke for you to say its 'only' $159.

3) You say 'why not get some guys together to help pay for it.' Well quite frankly, how do you decide what games you are going to watch? You cant watch all the games at the same time, and generally, not everybody wants to watch the same games.

As for the dorms comment

Some places force you to stay in dorms your freshman and sometimes your sophomore year. There simply is not enough student housing around where you can just not live in the dorms. Secondly, it really is a good way to meet people your freshmen year ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:17 am

I tell ya, I thought dorm living was pretty good. Never had to cook. Had a ton of people real close, easy to make friends simply due to proximity, and the girls! Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:41 pm

Flux wrote:2) The cost isnt $159. That is the cost if you are already paying for direct TV and already have all the equipment. Its a joke for you to say its 'only' $159.

This remains the reason I don't have it. If it were as easy as slapping down $150 I'd probably have done it by now. But you have to get direct TV, buy the dish, get it installed, etc. It ends up being a LOT more than $150...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mah2002 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Maybe kevster works for direct tv?
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby loganberries » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 pm

Ah, the NFL Ticket....there's nothing like it. They could charge 300 and I would pay. It beats the heck out of the trash games you get sometimes on cable broadcast.

Dorm life is the best time you would never want to go through again. The pizza, cards, and occasional chick was lots of fun.
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:19 pm

Ah and one less thing i miss from the dorm is the 'taco bar'....

The Directv is definitely an investment up front. I have loved being able to watch the games that I wouldn't normally get. College and pro football, and college basketball..

If you have the means, I would highly recommend it. I think Ferris Bueller said something along those lines.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby kevster1 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:15 pm

It is not as big an investment as some will lead you to believe. I received all the equipment ,and the installation for free provided I Paid for the N.F.L. package. This was 5 years ago, but they nearly give it away if you shop around. I think for any fantasy football fan or football fan in general it is well worth the investment. It can be real exciting watching your players go off, but I will admit watching more games can be frustrating when you see the could have been plays, or the dropped balls in the end zone you would not have known occured if you did not have the package.

P.S. I dont work for direct tv
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk