How have the first two rounds fared in your league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How have the first two rounds fared in your league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How have the first two rounds fared in your league?

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:34 am

ROUND ONE (nor particular order):

LT2- hobbled much of the year but looked good yesterday
Holmes- end of the line?
James- good yardage, but Manning ultimate TD vulture
Faulk- going the way of Eddie George
Taylor- so-so year
Alexander- the one first rounder truly playing like it
Lewis- suspension, not playing that great this year
Portis- highly inconsistent since leaving Denver
AGreen- seems to be giving up carries
McAllister- big down year

ROUND TWO:

Moss- hobbled and largely ineffective when he has played
Holt- okay, but not stellar
Rudi- average back
Culpepper- hot start, fading w/out Moss but still good
Manning- playing like the #1 pick
Barlow- should have gone about 4 rounds later
DDavis- sophomore jinx?
SDavis- stick a fork in him
Owens- top WR this year
McNabb- solid pick up in rd. 2

Amazing how many high draft picks haven't really panned out as such and guys who went several rounds later like Martin, Barber, McGahee, AJohnson, Walker, Brown, Wayne et al have outperformed a good many of the underachievers. And let's not forget about undrafted FAs like Droughns, Pittman, Brees, Muhammad, Griese, Clayton, EJohnson, Witten and Wiggins who have performed like high-end draft picks.

How much of a crap-shoot this year's draft turned out to be. }:-)
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:20 am

I picked up Alexander in the first round, and McNabb in the second.. ;-D I also wear a #37 Seahawk jersey every Sunday, haha.

But yeah, you're right. It will be interesting to see who will go in the first round next year. Maybe people will shy away from running backs and go for gunners like Manning, Culpepper, and McNabb early?

I predict Alexander, Holmes, and Manning going 1-2-3 in no particular order in most drafts. Assuming Priest is healthy, and Alexander doesn't wind up with the Dolphins or something.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:14 pm

Some did good in my league and some didn't pan out. Best picks look to be Alexander and Manning at picks #7 & #8 in the first round.

1.1 - Holmes
1.2 - LT2
1.3 - Portis
1.4 - Green
1.5 - Deuce
1.6 - J.Lewis
1.7 - Alexander
1.8 - Manning
1.9 - James
1.10 - R.Moss
1.11 - Harrison
1.12 - Culpepper
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:48 pm

This actually is pretty interesting to look at...mind you this was all autodrafted.

1. P. Manning - The dude just took him because he liked him. He never justified his pick by saying "I think Manning will have the best fantasy year of all time for a QB," so I count it as a total fluke.
2. P. Holmes - Good choice here; too bad he got hurt...luckily he had Blaylock.
3. L. Tomlinson - Good choice again...has a TD in every game but one.
4. (me) A. Green - Stunk at first, not too bad now, but he's hurt. :-t
5. D. Culpepper - To me, it was another fluke pick. I was laughing when I saw both of the QB's off the board at this point. I guess I was wrong.
6. C. Portis - Ehh, not so much. Bad pick here as it turns out.
7. S. Alexander - Steal of the first round IMO.
8. D. McAllister - Decent value here, but he was hurt which really messed up this guy's chances.
9. E. James - Decent pick at this spot...Manning taking all his thunder though.
10. R. Moss - Pretty true to form draft past the QB's...another hurt #1 pick.
11. J. Lewis - Great value here, but another guy who had some games off...and is now hurt.
12. C. Brown - This guy must have really saw something he liked in the preseason. I'm sure he could have gotten him later, but hey, it was his choice.
13. C. Dillon - He went for 2 RB's first...since he started slow and Brown got hurt, the guy is in last.
14. F. Taylor - Another true to form pick, but he's not putting up the numbers he would like...right now this guy is in 5th place.
15. M. Harrison - Yes, this guy took Moss and Harrison...he's paying for that.
16. M. Faulk - He went way too high for my tastes. But, this guy's team is currently in second place...I really don't know how.
17. K. Barlow - As they say on another site, "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" Thankfully for his team he drafted Walker, Vinatieri, and Roy Williams.
18. T. Holt - Not what this guy probably hoped for, but his team is doing OK since he drafted Mushin Muhammad - lucky.
19. T. Owens - Great pick here. He also took Tiki in the 4th round, but Vick and Portis are killing his chances for having an unstoppable team.
20. S. Davis - Ouch. He also drafted Steve Smith and K-Rob. Even with Culpepper, he's tied for last place.
21. (me) T. Henry - OK, I screwed up. But I really liked the guy, and he helped me get 2nd place last year. I worked some waiver magic to procure McGahee and Pittman - I am all alone in first again. ;-D
22. D. McNabb - Another decent pick; still too high for my liking. He took Heap and Staley with high picks, so he's hurting right now.
23. R. Johnson - Not bad value for where people were taking him. I figured he'd have a tough team w/ Priest also, but he took McNair next, and his #1 WR was Peter Warrick. :-B
24. T. Gonzalez - I hate seeing Gonzo go in the late 2nd, but since this guy didn't really know what he was doing, he was gone. Note that his next pick was TB defense...But, since he has Manning, he is in the top four. :-[ He had to make some serious waiver moves to be competitive, though.

There you go...that was our first two rounds of autodraft.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:48 pm

I drafted Manning #12 and Harrison #13. Sure wish I would've picked a RB with that 13th pick now. On the other hand, I picked Walker in round #6 (pick #72). FF is just a crap shot. If you can make good picks in rounds 3-8, then you have a chance of winning it all!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:59 pm

1.1 Randy Moss
1.2 Priest Holmes
1.3 Daunte Culpepper
1.4 Ahman Green
1.5 LaDainian Tomlinson
1.6 Clinton Portis
1.7 Shaun Alexander
1.8 Torry Holt
1.9 Deuce McAllister
1.10 Marvin Harrison
1.11 Peyton Manning
----------------------------------------
2.1 Jamal Lewis
2.2 Edgerrin James
2.3 Michael Vick
2.4 Marc Bulger
2.5 Corey Dillon
2.6 Chad Johnson
2.7 Terrell Owens
2.8 Marshall Faulk
2.9 Kevan Barlow
2.10 Donovan McNabb
2.11 Joe Horn
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cbfalcon » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:25 pm

Moss- hobbled and largely ineffective when he has played

Moss had at least 1 TD in ever game he played healthy. He was in fact 2nd in the NFL in TD's I believe.
cbfalcon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:34 pm

I took Alexander, Ward, Henry, then Chris Brown.

I really wanted Holt or Owens to drop to me in the 2nd, but they didn't. Moss, Harrison, Holt, and TO all went before me. I choose Ward over Chad and the other crap RBs (Stephen Davis, Westbrook, Dillon, TJones). I took WR in the 2nd partly because last year my WRs stunk so bad, so I thought I would get a guaranteed stud in Ward.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk