Where did M. Faulk go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where did M. Faulk go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where did M. Faulk go?

Postby eftda_ffc » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:04 pm

Where did he go? Only 0.35 points? What happened to him?

I'm new, so please tell me the truth
eftda_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:25 pm

Well, he had the flu, so they limited his carries off the bat. Then, he really wasn't doing much on offense because Buffalo was stopping them. Then, since the Rams were behind by 20 points, they had to throw almost every down. All of these things contributed to his poor numbers this week. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Commish » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:31 pm

Where'd he go?

...He went to the ground quickly. Buffalo defense was excellent.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eftda_ffc » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:42 pm

What will next week look like?
eftda_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby DJCoalesce » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:46 pm

I think they should make Jackson the starter but I'm not the coach.

I'm pretty bitter that I started Faulk over R. Wayne and it's probably going to cost me the game.
DJCoalesce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby quickm0ng00se » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:54 pm

I think they should make Jackson the starter but I'm not the coach.

I would like to see them just try Jackson for one game. Get him 25 carries and see what he can do. Everything Mercer said is true, but lets compare Jackson and Faulk in that game.

Faulk - 17 touches for 19 yards (13 rushes for 6 yards, 4 receptions for 13 yards)
Jackson - 8 touches for 32 yards (7 rushes for 29 yards, 1 reception for 3 yards)

Neither line looks great on the surface, but projected out for 25 carries, Jackson was on pace for 104 yards rushing. Against the tough Bills run defense. And let's be honest, 6 yards on 13 carries is terrible, no matter who you are playing.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:03 pm

The Faulk/Jackson topic interests me. I drafted Faulk high in the second round this year, and then took Jackson in the 5th as some high priced Marshall plan insurance... lol. I was hoping for at least 8-10 TD's and 1100-1200 yards from Faulk. I think Jackson still has some things to learn about hitting holes, etc. However, after watching their situation closely I think Jackson is the much better back right now. Marshall is nowhere near the back he used to be. He is slower, and certainly lacks the burst he once had. He is just as likely to get shut down as have a big game. I've mentioned it before in the Cafe, the platoon situation has hurt both of them FANTASY wise all year. Sure Marshall has stayed healthy because of Jackson spelling him, but that doesn't equate to big numbers for either of them. Is he productive most of the time? Sure, but I just think Jackson could do much more in their offense presently. It will be interesting to see what transpires in 2005.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:27 pm

I think Jackson should be the starter too. When he gets a chance his YPC are better than Faulks. He's more explosive and faster. He's a load to bring down. Sure he probably doesn't read his blocks quite as well as Faulk but that only comes with playing. If Martz would have pounded Faulk into the ground the first 5 games of the year, he'd be hurt and Jackson would be the full time starter. Instead, everyone is worse off for it because the RBBC is getting nearly as bad as Cleveland's.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:47 am

I pity the fool who drafts Faulk in the 2nd/3rd round next year.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk