Turkey Day players?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Turkey Day players?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Turkey Day players?!?

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:38 pm

What can we expect from players on Turkey Day?

Obviously P.Maning has to be in every fantasy starting line-up, but what about other players? How much of and effect will the short week have on players?

Thanksgiving games always seem a little weird. Somehow Detroit finds a way to beat teams that they have no business beating. I remember some huge upsets in the past.

Can we start players from these games with confidence, or is it going to be so unpredictable that we should avoid them?

INDY @ DET
CHI @ DAL
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:44 pm

indy-manning, edge, harrison, wayne, and stokley or pollard/clark if you have no one better...i.e. their whole offense

detroit-KJ and Roy williams

chicago-t. jones

dallas-witten and keyshawn
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Cooner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:57 pm

well, if you're starting someone from chicago/dallas NOT named Witten, you might be in trouble anyway.

As for Det/Indy, should be an interesting game- Detroit is always up for the t-giving game, and it seems they take pride in their reputation as giant-killers on Thanksgiving Day. But you know Peyton is gonna get his TDs. I'd be comfortable starting most anyone you would normally start in that game, with the exception of Harrington, who has only looked poorer and poorer in recent games, Jones (Jones who?) and both defenses. ROY is a nice start I think. As usual, James is a stud, Peyton is on everyone's Christmas wish list, and the plethora of WRs/TEs all have the usual chance at the 5 TDs to be thankful for each week. Any of them are nice plays against a Detroit D that is ok and will probably play inspired ball, but doesn't have the talent to be spectacular. With no real shut-down corner (Jimmy Smith and Keyshawn Johnson have both had very nice games against this D recently), Harrison will get his chances, especially if Wayne's last week convinces Detroit to limit the double teams on Harrison. Wayne, Stokely and the TEs will get their shots (though Stokely was just plain missing yesterday...).

So yeah, play the usual guys- Detroit will play Indy tough, but that offense is too much for Detroit's D. Edge might be in for a bit of a downer after last week's high (though the 4th quarter rest certainly helped), but not enough of one to not start him.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:38 pm

If JJ starts for the 'Boys, think he could put up some decent numbers against his bro's team.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Teck » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:41 pm

These games are going to suck.
However, I would start anyone on the Colt's starting line up, Roy from DET..
I'd steer clear of just about anyone from the dal/chitown game.. it's just going to be boring as hell and I don't think either team will be able to produce anything
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dplymkr88 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:00 pm

FWIW per newsconference today Parcells said Julius WILL start against the bears. Witten is a must start.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:16 pm

tomkatt wrote:If JJ starts for the 'Boys, think he could put up some decent numbers against his bro's team.

I agree, I'm considering starting him as my #3 RB this week.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby purestrength » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:20 pm

Start anyone with a horseshoe on his helmet.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:14 pm

...are they really brothers?
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:16 pm

Yes.

Thomas really mentored Julius the one year he was academically ineligible at ND. Helped him get things turned around.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk