Turkey Day players?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Turkey Day players?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm

I have to think the Colts should still produce pretty well. The Lions defense has been very underrated this year. They are the leading D/ST in our league. Even over the Ravens.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:32 pm

tomkatt wrote:If JJ starts for the 'Boys, think he could put up some decent numbers against his bro's team.

I can't BELIEVE I forgot he was playing his brother! Argh... that will be one awesome, emotional game. And on Thanksgiving, no less! I can't believe I have to miss it... :-# :-# :-#

As for Dallas prospects, I think Witten and Jones are solid starters. I know, Jones, a solid starter? He didn't even get 3 ypc. ButChicago was averaging 118 against the rush, and Baltimore was averaging 105 (before this week totals). The Cowboys usually light it up on Turkey Day, and Jones should get a lot more practice in this week. Not to mention, that was his first game in a while. He should preform much better against Chicago... how would you like your first game to be against the Baltimore Ravens? I'd say Jones will be a good #3 RB, maybe reaching #2 RB status. At least I hope.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:36 pm

No one is mentioning the Bears D being a good start after one bad week? Come on people, no one stops the Colts. The Bears D should tear the Cowboys a new one turnover wise.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:40 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
tomkatt wrote:If JJ starts for the 'Boys, think he could put up some decent numbers against his bro's team.

I can't BELIEVE I forgot he was playing his brother! Argh... that will be one awesome, emotional game. And on Thanksgiving, no less! I can't believe I have to miss it... :-# :-# :-#

As for Dallas prospects, I think Witten and Jones are solid starters. I know, Jones, a solid starter? He didn't even get 3 ypc. ButChicago was averaging 118 against the rush, and Baltimore was averaging 105 (before this week totals). The Cowboys usually light it up on Turkey Day, and Jones should get a lot more practice in this week. Not to mention, that was his first game in a while. He should preform much better against Chicago... how would you like your first game to be against the Baltimore Ravens? I'd say Jones will be a good #3 RB, maybe reaching #2 RB status. At least I hope.

Yea the Cowboys really lit up Chris Chambers and the Fins last Thanksgiving.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:56 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

I know, I actually thought it was a pretty questionable call to bring Jones back for the Ravens game. However, 80 yards against that D his first week back is very reassuring.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby rouge agent » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:05 pm

be careful of starting JJ henson might start and their all gonna stack 8 in the box till they have to give the rook some respect i got KJ and im benching him for dunn (ew) i think
rouge agent
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

Yea the Cowboys really lit up Chris Chambers and the Fins last Thanksgiving.

Notice the use of the word usually... :-° The Fins was an exception to the Cowboys usually good Thanksgiving Day preformance. I can't find a site that has their record...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HappyTimeH » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:10 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

I hope you are right, with both Brown and Green possibly out I might have to use him behind Droughs (other option being Wheatley). Damn this sucks, and I thought I had some decent depth in RBs.
HappyTimeH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:07 pm

So no one thinks the short week will have a negative effect on these guys?
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby USAFDave » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:53 pm

I am starting Edge, Manning, the Bears D, and possibly J Jones. It's a tough call starting wither Jones or Moss in his first week back.
USAFDave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk