What do you think Harrison will do next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you think Harrison will do next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you think Harrison will do next year?

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 pm

Does anyone think Marvin will leave the Colts next year. Some say that his production is down because of the other great WR's around him this year. I think that Harrison is the #1 target of opposing D's and gets double and triple covered, leaving the other WR's single covered (or wide open). It would be interesting to see if Wayne could produce without Harrison next year. I think that IND will keep Harrison after Peyton BEGS Marvin to stay. Everyone knows why IND is so successful this year. If they can draft so good defensive players, and get a few from free-agency, IND would be the Super Bowl favorite next year!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:22 pm

I see Indy trying to keep both Edge and Marvin. But if only able to keep one, I think Marvin is the one that stays. I would also look for Peyton to resturcture somewhat to see what can be freed up under the cap.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:28 pm

I dont see the colts keeping edge or harrison. wayne looks like he could be a top number one in this league. and basically any running back could produce in that offense. the colts will use that extra money on the defense.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:33 pm

Marvin will be a 10 year vet looking for top dollar as a WR. I think Indy lets him go and uses the freed up cap room to get an impact defensive player. Edge will probably get cut too (Rhodes has looked just as good when he's had to carry the load).

Harrison may be the defense's focus, but with Manning it doesn't seem to matter. No way is Harrison pulling more coverage than double, as Moss or TO would get a lot more focus than he would. Wayne has become a credible and reliable threat, so defenses have to be attempting to stop him by now too. I think without Edge and Harrison, Manning still has enough weapons, and they'll probably get an average to above average guy to fill in at #3 WR (through draft or free agency).

As to whether this hurts or helps Marvin, who knows. It depends where he lands, but I imagine it would hurt him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:41 pm

I think they keep Harrison and James opts not to resign with them. I think James is being a good boy because he's in his contract year but deep down it has to be bugging him that he's not going enough carries especially in the red zone.

Peyton was on the TV this past weekend talking about how teams are doubling Marvin a lot. He said in the past he would force it to him but with the developement of Wayne, Stokely and the TE's he can just go to he favorable matchup.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Teck » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:46 pm

I think peyton'll be pissed either way, if he loses either of them. They've just about been with him his whole career. They need to keep harrison there.. their offence wouldn't be nearly as explosive as it is now, because he draws coverage away from other receivers, and this is how Stokley and Wayne are getting big, cause they can burn the db's that aren't on harrison. If they get rid of edge, I also think that it won't be too good of an idea. Sure rhodes is there, but I don't thikn he can compare to edge. If edge gets let go, I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up on some god awful team like the dolphins or who knows whoelse. I hope they don't get rid of either of them, but They probably will =/
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:57 pm

Manning could get me some TD passes if I played. Stokley would be a decent #2. Wayne #1? I don't know. He's peerless price waiting to happen. But if they got a vetran guy in for a 3rd WR they would be fine. Keeping edge I think would be fairly key. You don't want to yank the top RB and WR out of that offense. The idea is surround Manning with weapons. Not take them away cause he's kicking butt. Like someone said, you let one of them walk and put that money into the D.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:05 pm

I think it's pretty obvious Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta and Kansas City should be first in line to get him in the off-season.

Seattle has all the pieces in place on offense except a consistent #1 option at the WR position. D-Jax would make an excellent #2 to Harrison and K-Rob can probably be shipped off to some team willing to give him a second chance with one of those "change of scenery" type deals.

Chicago is basically the same as Seattle. They are gonna have a young QB in development, and nothing helps a young QB like solid o-line play a strong running game and a dominant WR. See Pittsburgh Steelers.

Vick to Harrison? Damn! Price might even go back to being good as the #2 option like his days in Buffalo.

Trent Green has made a living as a 4,000 yard 25 TD passer with Johnnie Morton and Eddie Kennison as his top WR options. Harrison, Gonzalez and Holmes/Blaylock in 2005? Scary. Hey if they're lucky maybe they can trade LJ to Indy in the process of signing a FA Harrison.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:09 pm

Siggyfawn wrote:Manning could get me some TD passes if I played. Stokley would be a decent #2. Wayne #1?

Stokely will be a garbage #2 in 2005 if Marvin leaves. Guaranteed. Wayne will be fine as the #1, but the Colts might wanna bring in someone to be the #2, or use their second rounder on a top WR prospect. If they end up with a Keary Colbert they are open for business as usual.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense for Indy to let Edge walk since he's getting old for a RB and won't be worth the payday he'd get. Rhodes should be able to step up and perform at a decent level since teams have to prepare for the pass against Indy.

I think Edge should go to Oakland or Kansas City (if Priest retires).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:11 pm

You all may want to keep something in mind. This is contract year for Brandon Stokley. He becomes a free agent after this season.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk