Wiggins vs. Shockey - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wiggins vs. Shockey

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wiggins vs. Shockey

Postby stratusfactionrt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:27 pm

Who's the better TE from here on out? Wiggins is looking very promising and has Cpep throwing to him (but what about when Moss returns?). Shockey has Manning at the helm now which leaves a lot up in the air...

MIN plays JAC, @CHI, SEA, @DET, GNB, @WAS.

NYG play PHI, @WAS, @BAL, PIT, @CIN, DAL.

If you had to chose one to have the rest of the season, who would it be and why?
Last edited by stratusfactionrt on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stratusfactionrt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:30 pm

Shockey...once R.Moss returns to the line up I think Wiggins' production will start to decrease. Shockey also looked to be the favorite target of Eli yesterday.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:09 pm

Wiggins was actually better WITH Moss. Moss doesn't get alot of catches, just yds and TDs.

Wiggins has more catches then shockey, in 4 less games. Also 1 less td, in 4 less games. Obviously the Vikings offense is where you want to be. If you want to go by a per game numbers, Wiggns blows Shock away. Culpepper obviously trusts Wiggins and goes to him a lot. Having Moss just means they can't bracket him with a safety as much and should do nothing but help.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bags519 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:37 pm

I also think Wiggins will be helped by Moss coming back.... I also think it will open Robinson back up since he has been the double covered WR. Just my 2cents
Bags519
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stratusfactionrt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:57 pm

Interesting thoughts. Thanks for the help. I was thinking of dropping Heap for Wiggins, then trying to decide who to keep: Shockey or Wiggins.
stratusfactionrt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Da Host » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:53 pm

Siggyfawn wrote:Wiggins was actually better WITH Moss. Moss doesn't get alot of catches, just yds and TDs.

Wiggins has more catches then shockey, in 4 less games. Also 1 less td, in 4 less games. Obviously the Vikings offense is where you want to be. If you want to go by a per game numbers, Wiggns blows Shock away. Culpepper obviously trusts Wiggins and goes to him a lot. Having Moss just means they can't bracket him with a safety as much and should do nothing but help.

True. I think Wiggins is the better tight end right now. But the hottest tight end right now has got to be Alge Crumpler.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby Atog » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 pm

i'd go with Shockey. You can't complain with an almost-automatic 40 yards+TD
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 pm

Da Host wrote:
Siggyfawn wrote:Wiggins was actually better WITH Moss. Moss doesn't get alot of catches, just yds and TDs.

True. I think Wiggins is the better tight end right now. But the hottest tight end right now has got to be Alge Crumpler.

dont forget gates ;-) i also like wiggins over shockey...tho i do believe shockeys numbers will improve with manning. moss coming back should open it up for wiggins even more, and min has favorable matchups for the remainder
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigpieces1979 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:14 pm

I like Wiggins between the 2 ;-D
bigpieces1979
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby s0meguy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 pm

It's a very difficult comparison - they both have changing situations. Wiggins has Moss coming back, some say that is good, others say bad. Shockey has Manning at QB now and that looks to be promissing, but it could be bad just as easily as it could be good.

I'd say Shockey though.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk