Dillon is a Donkey - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dillon is a Donkey

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 pm

I dont know if im the only one who feels this way, but i think your homerism for the patriots is getting pretty tiresome nick.

You spent alot of time arguing that your Pats were the best team in the league, and that was a valid point, except youd say thing like "Pats rule, you all suck." and such. I didnt care all that much.

But this thread is just taking an ordinary thing that many teams have and going nuts with it. As a pats fan, id be excited to have Dillon in town, but this kinda post doesnt seem necessary. You wanna kno who is a "donkey?" LT! And if there's one team whose gonna make a run for the Big dance on their running backs shoulders, its the CHargers! Wait a sec, maybe the Seahawks! or how about the chiefs, or Broncos, or JEts!

Alot of teams have a back who is a workhorse. Your Pats are probably the least dependant on their RB out of the other teams i just mentioned Remember those...

Chargers, Seahakws, Chiefs, Broncos, JEts. All contenders (Chiefs i guess not, but ya never kno) and all because their RB is a weapon. The pats have won 2 superbowls with an offense led by Brady, a strong O line, decent receivers, and mediocre RBs. Dillon is a nice asset, but isnt going to carry that team
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:22 pm

In all honesty, how can you take a guy so seriously when he calls a player a "donkey" as a term of great respect?

By the way, I'm a NE fan and I think Dillon is an excellent addition that is very important to the Patriots' success. However, there are only 2 indispensable human beings on that team: Belichek and Brady. Period. End of discussion.
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:50 pm

*lol* @ saundman2000.

So you know he's been kicking ass all year, but then posted about how last week wasn't a big deal, he's not that great.

He's what 4th in rushing? Who exactly are you starting over him? Sure if you have Alexander, LT, Edge, Tiki and Dillon, you'd probably sit Dillon. But seeing as Dillon is 9th in my league in pts, put up 150 yds vs the Bills 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure who would be sitting him. Maybe in a 4 man league.

Dillon is a stud RB, and he has been all year. Dillons owners have known this for awhile. Worst game 79 yds. Thanks for coming.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:53 pm

James the jellyfish? haha

how about the James the I never score because Peyton Manning steals all my touchdowns? !+)

anyway, yeah i agree that dillon is a "donkey" and he's certainly lived up to his fantasy billing. I was a little worried at the beginning of the year that the Pats werent feeding him the ball but I think theyve finally realized what they have in him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby forcestealer » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:37 pm

i also agree that without a improved running game this year, the pats probably dont get out of the afc. pitts is playing much better this year and the colts defense seems to be improving. corey is gaining value as a fantasy back as he is starting to get more touches than he was in the first half of the year. hopefully that will also mean he will get more red zone attempts. also keep in mind he has missed a game this year and is still top 5 in yardage.
forcestealer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:16 am

Dillon is a DONKEY...He hasn't exactly carried the team on his back, but he has taken a large load off the passing offense.

Dillon is a reliable number #1 ,definitely a very-reliable #2 RB THIS YEAR.

Branch has been out since week 2 and Dillon has given the team another POWERFUL weapon. With Branch back Dillons numbers could be better than his current numbers which are very-respectable.

Patriots last two SBs are directly attributed to their passing game. This year is different. They have a RB who can actually play. IF the Pats win the SB this year Dillon will be ONE of the MANY reasons they did. So don't sit their and dismiss Dillon as a MAIN contributer to their success. That would be ignorant and living in the past. The time is now and Dillon is producing.

Yeah and whomever said Dillon had one good game has not been paying attention. Go look up the stats, and take your shoes and put them in your mouth. Im sure i can fit my 11's in your face or deriere. What's the difference anyways with dumb ill-informed comments like that.

Corey Dillon 8th best RB in my league
10 yards a point and 6 points per TD

And this guy can't catch, imagine if he hand hands.

9 games DNP in Pitts *THIGH*
206 carries-998 yards
6 TDs
2 fumbles
AVERAGE YARDS PER CARRY 4.8!!!!!
111 yards a game average-wise

He is a donkey! This guy just keep on chugging along. Hey we could say work-horse but Nick just wanted to try something different. And i think it works. Donkeys are used for long journeys not to be ridden but to carry heavy loads that humans can't.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk