C. Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C. Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

C. Brown?

Postby TaturCity34 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:50 am

Is Chris Brown going to be a good finisher or should I push him out before the trade deadline (12/03)?

Culpepper
R.Smith/C.Johnson/N.Burleson/K.McCardell/S.Moss
R.Droughns/C.Brown/K.Barlow
J.Whitten/B.Williams
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:40 am

You should try and trade him. I'm going to be trying this week. I have a chance to package him in order to get Edge. I don't know how much better his toe will get, but I'm tired of seeing his name on the injury list week after week.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Da Host » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:31 am

At the beginning of the year I knew it was a good pick, he was getting me like 20 points a game. Now round' week 7,8 and 9 injury's and stuff have prevented him from getting me his true fantasy value. I think that right now you should trade him. The titans have no shot at the playoffs and probly wont play him cuz there's always that chance of breaking his leg and not being able to play next season. Just ask Jamal Lewis. Now I doubt you'll be able to get anyone better then D.Driver out of him. I dont know what you need as far as positions go but Driver is a quality WR and has gotten me a good bunch of fantasy points

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby s0meguy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:00 am

I don't think he's going to do much the rest of the year. He's benched for Pittman until further notice on my team.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ShowStopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:27 am

I just traded him for C Johnson...
ShowStopper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:42 am

I tried to move him last week before my deadline but had no takers. I even tried to package him up with A.Johnson and still nothing. Now I have to hope he recovers for the playoffs or else I'm stuck with choosing between either K.Jones, N.Goings or A.smith as my second RB.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:24 pm

whats up with his injury? anybody got the latest?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:37 pm

He still is questionable with turf toe. IMO I wouldn't start him b/c A. Smith will get plenty of carries if Brown plays at all...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigbadmonkey » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:43 pm

Am in the process of trying to trade him for Mason. I'm shooting high and I'm thinking the guy is going to counter with Bruce. I'd be happy either way!
bigbadmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:17 pm

I love the kid but turf toe is a nasty, lingering injury. If he didn't heal during the bye, he is going to struggle with it for the rest of the season. In essence, it's a dislocation of the big toe. He's got a nice schedule down the stretch but I would definitely try and sell him as I don't think he will finish games the rest of the way. He's still probably one of the better scoring RBs in your league and should get you some value back.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk