Who should be picked up as A.Green's backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who should be picked up as A.Green's backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should be picked up as A.Green's backup?

Postby The Guru » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:12 am

He has a chest injury. The MRI said he has no broken ribs, but ther are bruised.

With all of his backups having somesort of injury who should I pickup as a A.Green owner?
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:00 am

I picked up Tony Fisher last week, he wont start but incase I have to deal with injuries...Davenport didnt dress this past week
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tbones » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:05 am

Mr.Joshua wrote:I picked up Tony Fisher last week, he wont start but incase I have to deal with injuries...Davenport didnt dress this past week

Who will start if Fisher doesn't? Or has Green not been ruled out yet?
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:14 am

Tbones wrote:
Mr.Joshua wrote:I picked up Tony Fisher last week, he wont start but incase I have to deal with injuries...Davenport didnt dress this past week

Who will start if Fisher doesn't? Or has Green not been ruled out yet?

Not ruled out, but who knows if he'll play. With the game being on Monday Night, it's a major, major risk to take. :-o
Fanball.com via Yahoo! player update thingy wrote:Nov 23 Ahman Green, who injured his ribs on the first play of Sunday night's win over the Texans, got some good news on Monday. The Packers had him undergo a CT scan to determine the extent of his injuries and there were no fractured ribs, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. He does have some bruised the ribs, but will not need any surgery.

Views: We are glad to hear that surgery will not be required, but Green's injury may still cause him to miss some game time. He'll almost certainly miss most of this week's practice, but the Packers get an extra day to let Ahman heal this week because they don't play until Monday night.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:46 am

Davenport would be the best bet for a hand-cuff, right now. If you have Ahman and are committed to a Packer RB for Monday, then make sure you have Najeh on your roster.
His hamstring pull was said to be 'slight' and he should be ready to go.
Williams and Luchey are likely out. Only back left on the practice squad is a FB, so I suppose there's an outside chance of Henderson getting some quality carries if they bring in Leach? to play FB.
Fisher is the only other option and the Packers won't use him as an every-down guy. He's never been considered for first and second downs.
They'll bring in a FA tomorrow before they commit to starting Fisher.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk