League Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Question

Postby thechill » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:05 pm

I am having a problem on what to do and need some opinions. I have one owner that has basically left his team. He has not made a change since week 3 in his roster and hasn't logged into the league site since beginning of October. Through weeks 4 through 10 he has lost every game. In week 11 I went back through his roster and figured out that he had not been active. I know being a commish I should have found this out sooner. Teams that faced him through weeks 4-10 got easy wins due to injuries and bye weeks. So in week 11 I emptied his roster spots (not dropping players leaving his roster with no one playing). and I want to do this until the playoffs since he is 2-9 and out of the playoffs. I have a few owners complaining about what I did. In my opinion why should teams that faced him during weeks 4-10 get easy wins and now teams that face him in the last fews weeks have to face a full strength team and a possible loss (as commish this doesn't effect me since I don't play him) . This is a 10 team league and 8 teams make the playoffs. So this really only affects the bottom 3 teams since they are 1 game apart and fighting for the last 2 spots. I went back in and if he would have been active all year I know that 4 out of the 7 games he would have won with adjusting his rosters for bye week fill ins. 2 other weeks with a WW or trade pickup due to not having a backup at QB or RB(2 out of his 3 with same bye week) he would have won. This further supports my actions of benching his roster since the league might look very different if he had been active. He would be 8-3 and tied for 1st place. On a side note. he has had Ahman Green benched since week 3 with Dunn replacing him. Which is okay, but almost everyone would rather start Green over Dunn. LT is his 3rd back. Keeper League! Also he has started McDonald since week 3. With Chambers, Toomer, Branch and Northcutt benched.

This is a money league! (not huge stakes. $250 total purse)

What would you have done in this situation?
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thechill » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:10 pm

added notes.

In week 7 one of the bottom 3 teams got a easy win against him. he should have lost if other team would have been active.
other 2 teams did not play against non-active team during weeks 4 - 10.

the last 2 games of the season the other 2 bottom teams face the non-active team.

so each of the bottom 3 teams basically gets a freebie win.

That seems balanced IMO
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:19 pm

I see no reason to have benched any players. I would simply have locked his roster as is and have the remaining opponents face the same line up that everyone else did.

It is pointless to speculate on what players he might have started in any given previous week.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:36 pm

I agree. The most fair thing to do would be to leave his roster as he left it. Everyone in the preceding weeks at least had to worry a bit. Giving out automatic wins now won't fix anything.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ShowStopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:41 pm

It's a bad situation. I see your point as comish trying to even out the situation. I don't know if benching his team is the right answer or not though...
ShowStopper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poker Fiend » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:23 pm

I think if you're going to do that, then the fair thing to do (if you have the power) is to also go back and award wins to the teams that played him in weeks 1-3, effectively making his team just a bye week for the opponent each week. I don't know how to compensate for the fact that half the teams get 2 free wins, while the others only get 1.
Poker Fiend
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Commish » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:31 pm

We had a guy not touch his roster all year in our 16-team keeper last year.

Funny thing is he went 17-2 and dominated both the regular and post-seasons. Probably the most dominating performance in a fantasy league I've ever seen. The other 15 guys besides him are actiive on an almost daily basis. Truly disgusting.

This year the guy is 3-8 so I'm happy.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk