HELP...huge game for me this week...need EXPERT advise! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HELP...huge game for me this week...need EXPERT advise!

Moderator: Football Moderators

HELP...huge game for me this week...need EXPERT advise!

Postby MN Rube » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:34 pm

Injuries have caused huge line-up problems for me this week, and it's a huge game for me...

QB's: (start 1)
McNair vsCLE or Testaverde @MIA

(is McNair gonna play? and will he do well if he does start?)

RB's: (start 2)
M.Faulk @TB, E.George vsCLE, LaMont Jordan @MIA,
James Allen vsIND, and F.Tayor BYE

(obviously I start M.Faulk, but who should be my #2 RB? Normally I start George, but he's hurt. I'd Start F.Tayor instead...BYE week! ...so I droped T.Candiate and added James Allen this week because he's playing a questionable D and he's a starter. Is Jordan gonna get carries this week...should I start him instead or Allen?)

WR's (start 2)
D.Mason vsCLE, C.Chambers vsNYJ, J.Morton @NE, Q.Ismail @HOU

(if McNair is hurting...how well is Mason gonna do? Will Ismail have a huge game against HOU? J.Morton will have a tough time with NE. Will Chambers finally produce this week?)

ALSO...now that you've seen my line-up... elvaluate this TRADE for me...
J.Feidler and L.Smith
for
V.Testaverde and F.Taylor

normally I would say NO right away...but Tesaverde hasn't looked great and I really need another RB for this week!

HELP GUYS!
MN Rube

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: HELP...huge game for me this week...need EXPERT advise!

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:Injuries have caused huge line-up problems for me this week, and it's a huge game for me...

QB's: (start 1)
McNair vsCLE or Testaverde @MIA

(is McNair gonna play? and will he do well if he does start?)

RB's: (start 2)
M.Faulk @TB, E.George vsCLE, LaMont Jordan @MIA,
James Allen vsIND, and F.Tayor BYE

(obviously I start M.Faulk, but who should be my #2 RB? Normally I start George, but he's hurt. I'd Start F.Tayor instead...BYE week! ...so I droped T.Candiate and added James Allen this week because he's playing a questionable D and he's a starter. Is Jordan gonna get carries this week...should I start him instead or Allen?)

WR's (start 2)
D.Mason vsCLE, C.Chambers vsNYJ, J.Morton @NE, Q.Ismail @HOU

(if McNair is hurting...how well is Mason gonna do? Will Ismail have a huge game against HOU? J.Morton will have a tough time with NE. Will Chambers finally produce this week?)

ALSO...now that you've seen my line-up... elvaluate this TRADE for me...
J.Feidler and L.Smith
for
V.Testaverde and F.Taylor

normally I would say NO right away...but Tesaverde hasn't looked great and I really need another RB for this week!

HELP GUYS!
Interesting trade proposal, Fiedler and Smith will definitely give you some relief for a few weeks, but when DeShaun Foster comes back, it will be RBBC for a few games. Then Foster is supposed to take over the starting role. Of course, that's all speculation. Taylor is hot right now and not injured, so you should probably keep him and ride him for all he's worth.

Eddie George has a weird injury that could be nothing, or could affect him for the rest of the year. I'd counteroffer with George in place of Taylor and then pick up Mack for insurance. Since Taylor's bye is this week, you don't have to worry about his spot for the rest of the season. If he gets injured, you'll have an instant replacement if you pick up Mack now.

If you do the trade, you could then dump Allen and try to trade Jordan to whomever owns Martin; or you could just dump Jordan altogether and pick up a sleeper WR.

I'd play Chambers and Ismail for WRs this week.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Feidler

Postby MN Rube » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:46 am

Do you really think that Feidler is a better QB than Testaverde?
Should I really let go of george already?
MN Rube

Fred Taylor

Postby MN Rube » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:42 pm

What is everyones opinion on who's more valuable this year...E.George or F.Taylor?!?!
MN Rube

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:14 pm

Definently George. It is only a matter of time before taylor is hurt so I would deal him now. I also think that eddie will go this week and have a great day against the D he has ate up for years.

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:55 am

You don't get rid of a talent like Taylor UNLESS he gets injured, not beforehand.

At this very moment, George is the one injured and Taylor is not...

Helloooooooooooo?
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Fiedler

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:01 am

Anonymous wrote:Do you really think that Feidler is a better QB than Testaverde?
Should I really let go of george already?
No, I was only kidding about the whole thing... Of course I do; why are you asking me again?

Looks like it's a bit late to make the trade now.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk