I have the worst luck in fantasy football (just venting) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I have the worst luck in fantasy football (just venting)

Moderator: Football Moderators

I have the worst luck in fantasy football (just venting)

Postby jean15paul » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:35 am

D*** this has been an ugly season for me

My #1 RB draft pick (1st round pick), Clinton Portis, has not lived up to expectations.

My #2 RB draft pick, Thomas Jones, was great for the first few weeks, but since the rest of his team's offense has fallen apart, he's been ineffective because there is no threat of a pass.

My #3 RB draft pick, Kevin Jones, took 10 weeks to figure out that he is supposed to run with the football.

My #1 WR draft pick, Torry Holt, has been very inconsistent compared to teammate Issac Bruce.

My #2 WR draft pick, Deion Branch, missed like a ba-jillion games due to injury.

My #3 WR draft pick, Koren Robinson, just plain sucks.

But all of these things are not that bad compared to what other teams have done to me. Let's look at that shall we. Points Per Game vs Points Against Per Game

PPG, PAPG
Team A: 122.4, 102.5
Team B: 115.9, 105.0
Team C: 111.8, 102.3
Team D: 108.0, 108.5
Team E: 103.9, 101.3
Team F: 102.5, 93.8
Team G (me): 102.5, 120.2
Team H: 96.5, 103.1
Team I: 96.3, 104.2
Team J: 91.4, 110.1

Why is it that teams consistently have their best day against me?

Now I'm just waiting for Tom Brady to be arrested for spousal abuse, Tony Gonzo to break his something, and Dave Akers to be arrested for dealing drugs to kids and my season will be complete.
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HunglikeChampions » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:39 am

I hear ya the following has happened to me in my keeper league
LT2 been ok but groin has hampered him
R MOss-been injured
Chad Johnson-been ok, but not quite what people were expecting
Chris Brown-0hurt lately
Rudi-Been ok
Mcnair started him first few games and he sucked
Leftwich-had him benched for mcnair while he was playing well, switched to him and then he got hurt as well as mcnair, lol
burress-now hes out, only for a week, but still hurts

The old injury bug has been kicking my butt, but I am still ahold of the last p layoff spot and hopefully I can hold on
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bowie » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:25 am

That is pretty tough. I'm suprised to see you have a pretty good points for average considerring your awful draft.

Now, if there were only a forum for venting...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=123
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:23 am

that bites man. you did take deion branch way way too early though, so you can't really complain about that. better luck next year.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby cheeses_of_nazareth » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:10 pm

why not play every team every week...that way you take some of the luck out of it. IE, the team that scores the highest point total for week 12, goes 11-0..depending on how many team in league..seems to work fine.
cheeses_of_nazareth
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jean15paul » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:43 pm

cheeses_of_nazareth wrote:why not play every team every week...that way you take some of the luck out of it. IE, the team that scores the highest point total for week 12, goes 11-0..depending on how many team in league..seems to work fine.

I don't know. Having single head-to-head scoring makes it more exciting to me. In my league, it's not about the science; it's about the bragging rights. And when you play someone one-on-one you get more bragging rights and more rivalries.
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jean15paul » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:47 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:that bites man. you did take deion branch way way too early though, so you can't really complain about that. better luck next year.

That wasn't the overall draft order that was just the order broken down by position. There were QBs mixed in there, and I took Tony Gonzo pretty early because I wanted him. I think I took Branch in the 5th or 6th round overall.
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby irishclown » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:38 pm

Did you take thomas Jones as your #2 pick overall, if so, there in lies the problem!! I'm sure a qulity QB or WR was till available in that spot!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Demented Avenger » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:39 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:that bites man. you did take deion branch way way too early though, so you can't really complain about that. better luck next year.

I don't think he's saying Branch was his 5th pick, he's saying he was his 2nd WR pick. Very different.
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jean15paul » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:57 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:

I don't think he's saying Branch was his 5th pick, he's saying he was his 2nd WR pick. Very different.

exactly
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting