trade: - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

trade:

Moderator: Football Moderators

trade:

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:41 pm

moss and william green for tomlinson...

in this league we start qb, wr, wr, rb, rb, wr/rb, wr/rb, k, d

i have a sick collection of rbs featuring shaun alexander, eddie george, stephen davis, and tomlinson. i start them at rb, rb, wr/rb, and wr/rb.

at the manditory wr slots i start chambers and glenn/morton.

should i make this trade??? it seems like i should, but i need alot of convincing to trade away a stud rb for a stud wr.

if i accepted it i could start green, morton, or glenn at the final wr/rb spot. if u think i should do the trade which one would u start?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:36 pm

he wants me to add marcus robinson to which im perfectly willing to do as he is buried behind chambers, morton, glenn, and coles on my depth chart. no big deal right?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Ethical » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:09 pm

I would take that trade. You are definitely stacked at RB. I know everyone is predicted better numbers for Tomlinson this year, but I'm not convinced he take the punishment yet. For example, he's already been hurt this preseason. Moss, on the other hand, has managed to stay healthy each year. Plus, if you believe Mike Tice, Moss is going to get 8-10 balls his way each game. This could lead to monster numbers this year. William Green will most likely put up average numbers. So, he's a good backup with your depth.

I would start Morton in that spot. I doubt Glenn will play half the season, whether from injuries or attitude. Morton should put up his usual numbers this year.
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:27 pm

Trading quality for quantity isn't a good idea generally, but Moss seems like quality too, but I'd rather trade George or Davis... and I wouldn't add Robinson as he should be back for a good season.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:38 pm

id rather trade george or davis too, but he wants tomlinson only. im pretty sure i can convince him to take robinson out of the deal...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:16 pm

BREAKING NEWS!
he says he'll trade moss and will green for eddie george and chris chambers...
he wants to hurry up, should i pull the trigger???
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:04 pm

well he said if i didnt accept it soon he would trade moss to sum1 else... and he wasnt lying i checked. so i took the offer. i figured using the "best player in the deal theory" i came out on top...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Ethical » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:03 am

I think you got the better end of the deal. George is too much of a question mark this season. Moss is guaranteed.
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:32 am

The only guarantee I can see about Moss is that he will be doubled and jacked at the line often (due to Carter's departure), which will free up the #2 WR and TE for more action and also more chances for running plays (Culpepper and RBs). Not only that, Moss will go down to injury this year IMO.

Everyone says that Green will be good, but he's a big Q mark in my book. Looks like he injures easily and he's only a rookie. Jamel White looks like he'll be the starter. Of course, that could change (and usually does), but Green would be good for insurance later in the season.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk