Question about Best Buy Challenge? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about Best Buy Challenge?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about Best Buy Challenge?

Postby warrick95 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:53 pm

Are you allowed to edit your team after the first game of the week starts...meaning, edit your players playing on Sunday/Monday? I wanted to edit Ahman Green, but they wouldn't let me do so. It said "You have tried to select a player who is locked." Is that the case? I only had Green in there just in case he played...I wanted to switch out in case Fisher or Najeh started...and that's what it looks like.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Chopper » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:57 pm

Don't know. Wayne is the only player locked on mine. I just swapped DST's just to see and had no problem.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:09 pm

I thought tagged Manning and Roy were the only guys locked on mine, but I can't swap out Ahman for Najeh for some reason. That's strange, as their FAQs state that I can change up to a certain time before EACH player's game, not the first game of the week.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby irishclown » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:24 pm

I tried switching a player too, who isn't playing until Sunday night, but when I clicked on submit roster it refreshed and showed the old player. I guess you can't make changes.
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FltMech » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:27 pm

Something similar happened to me but in my case it was when I was trying to submit a line up. I would enter the players and hit submit and the screen would change back to the original edit line up screen, like it never happened. It turns out something was wrong with the site and when I came back one day later my line up appeared when I logged in, so it actually went through.
FltMech
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby warrick95 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:21 pm

Thanks for the help. This sucks. I had Manning X2, J. Jones, and R. Williams today, which is pretty good, but my week goes down the drain unless I can edit out Ahman Green.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby citti34 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:52 pm

You can edit, just keep trying. I had Manning 2x also, and stokely.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby This Guy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:01 pm

I had the same problem yesterday. I tried swapping a couple guys, and i got the same "locked" error. However a friend of mine changed some players today no problem, so maybe that was just an issue yesterday. But when I checked mine again today, my lineup was completely different! There were "locked" players with NO player selected, my x2 was moved to a different player, there were some new players who i never picked, and there were about five players that it just forgot and showed the "select a player" drop-down!!! I emailed BB three times today about it, but I haven't heard anything yet. I had 179 points from 4 players on Thursday, so I better still be in the running. If not, I'm going to be really upset about this...
This Guy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby warrick95 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:36 am

Wait, for the people who said that you can edit, does it immediately change your roster, or do you see it changed when you check it later in the day?

I have Ahman Green in there and I MUST edit him out for Najeh. Then, I can bump up a couple of my WRs. It'd bite if I was stuck with Green.

I got 115 from 3 players yesterday, which, although not great, is decent, considering how much I like my matchups for tomorrow and Monday.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby warrick95 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:39 am

Well, it's still not working. :-t

I did send them an email and their response did not help at all.

This email is in response to ticket number 6766, which was submitted to Best Buy fantasy support

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately at this time we have been unable to reproduce the problem on our end. We have run system checks and are coming up with no problems. Sorry for the inconvenience but at this point there is nothing further that we can do. Let us know if you have any further problems.

Thank you,

Best Buy Fantasy Support
mailto:bbSupport@fanball.com

---Original Question ---
Why can't I change unlocked players to other players? It is Thursday afternoon and I am trying to change Ahman Green to somebody else. Ahman does not play until Monday Night. The rules state that I can change a player anytime up to a certain period of time before his game. Thank you.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk