How would you feel? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would you feel?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:05 pm

NOT making a trade would be you making a good managing move and thus putting your mark on the team.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:46 pm

warrick95 wrote:NOT making a trade would be you making a good managing move and thus putting your mark on the team.

neat way of looking at it. by leaving it alone you are making it yours. I may trade manning after this season, because his value is through the roof, but definately hold on to him so you can win the league.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby on_a_mission » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:50 pm

it would be foolish to trade Peyton. THere is no other player who will get as many points as Peyton.
I'm not Jacko, I'm Jackson... 'Wacko Jacko' - Where did that come from? Some English tabloid. I have a heart and I have feelings. I feel that when you do that to me, it's not nice. --Michael Jackson
on_a_mission
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:00 am

on_a_mission wrote:it would be foolish to trade Peyton. THere is no other player who will get as many points as Peyton.

Especially with it being a TD only league. Culpepper keeps it close in yardage leagues because of his additional rushing points but Manning must be way ahead in TD leagues.

I'd keep the team and not trade any of those guys.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby rocskins_ffc » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:42 am

In real sports,due to ineffectiveness or retirement or what have you, a coach is gone and a new one comes in, do you think it would be a good idea for that guy to get rid of his best players just to make himself feel better? Just so he can say I'm still winning and this is the team I put together? No way!! You got lucky with what you were handed,like winning the lottery. Don't you see..YOU WON !! YOU WON!! DO NOT DONATE ALL YOUR ASSETTS TO CHARITY.
Bottom line its about winning and winning money, take what you got and run with it. Good luck.
rocskins_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby citti34 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:51 am

You need to sack up and just win. Do you think Barry Switzer gave all the credit to Jimmy Johnson. The league your in let this owner become this powerful, that's their bad.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LouisC9999 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:28 pm

Did Barry Switzer complain when he inherited Jimmy Johnson's two-time Super Bowl winning team in 1994? Good thing he didn't decide to put his "fingerprints" on that team.
LouisC9999
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 4Pack » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:58 am

Dang.....did not expect this many responses (nor this many votes against trading one of the 3 players I inherited).

I think it goes beyond wanting to put my fingerprints on the team. I have done that to a certain extent already. I was able to grab Westbrook off of FA last season and Droughns off of FA this season. It has greatly upgraded the RB situation that I started with last season.

However....it does not take alot of fantasy football knowlege to see that my team rests on the shoulders of Manning and Moss (and Gonzo). Westbrook and Droughns have not exactly carried my team by any means. While I have one of the top couple players at the QB, WR, and TE positions....the remainder of my team is not what I would call solid in a TD only league. A "normal" game by Manning and/or Moss almost certainly dooms me for the week.

While I have scored the most points in the league and have lost just three times....I am an injury or a couple mortal games from Manning away from missing the playoffs altogether (only 4 teams make it out of 12).

I just think it would also make sense to upgrade my overall team so all my eggs are not in just a couple baskets. Considering that Manning's value will never ever be higher than it is now....and with Moss always on fantasy players minds....I can't help but wonder what I could get for one of those two.

LOL...I almost envy a few of the teams chasing me right now because they are solid at pretty much every position and also have some great young talent on their roster. That young talent has been gone by the time my pick came around the last 2 drafts so my cupboard for the future is also bare. I did manage to grab Ricky Williams at this years draft when his owner dropped him because of his retirement. I took a gamble on him in the 15 th round and am still hoping that pans out.

Grrrrrr...this is maddening. LOL
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk