Oh Julis Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Oh Julis Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh Julis Jones

Postby CDNY1975 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:58 am

i was in a bind this week losing Jamal Lewis & having to drop wheatly to pick up chester taylor ......also i am one of the pissed off owners of a Minn RB (O Smith) Never know who will be the man any given week, i took a gamble on Julis Jones & WOW did it pay off, who took the chance on him & how do u feel he will fair the rest of the way? i am battleing for a playoff spot in my league.....i am in a keeper league that had a week 9 cut off to pick up possable keepers, in my league u cant keep any one u picked up after week 9, so people cant grab people the last week to keep...i picked up Julis week 8 & looks like i will be using him the rest of the way with Jamal Lewis hurting .....i am in great shape going into a huge match up against the guy 1 game behind me in the wild card race....i also played Harrison yesterday & ended the day with 70.60 points from 2 guys & he had stokley but didnt play him
CDNY1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ben_ffc » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:06 am

i took the gamble and BENCHED him.

:~(

hopefully, mcgahee and c.mart will ease the pain. the feelings aren't all bad because i'm glad jujo's on my team.

all twisted up inside. :-/

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cosmicsmith » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:35 am

I benched Blaylock and activated Julius who I had picked up off the WW a couple of weeks ago on the advice of some of the guys here. It looks like it has payed off. Thanks everyone!
cosmicsmith
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Algierine » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:41 am

I picked up JJ, but also left him on my bench because Dillon has been running so well lately I just couldn't bench him.

But JJ looks like he will be the first stable 3rd back I've had all season, so I'm cool! ;-D

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rocskins_ffc » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:47 am

I picked him up 2 weeks ago and saw that he made a surprise appearance vs, Baltimore. He looked good and right there I knew I was playing him on T-Day vs. DA BEARS!!
rocskins_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:48 am

I have him in both of my keeper leagues (stashed him a couple weeks ago). I decided to go 50/50 with him so I started him in one league (over Green since it doesn't sound like he'll get a full load even if he plays) and benched him in the other (starting Blaylock and McGahee). I'll probably regret not starting him in both leagues but he hadn't shown me enough against Baltimore to warrant the double start.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby copperhead » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:49 am

I started him this week in place of Ahman Green and he did exactly what I was praying for. Could not afford to bench him and hope Green was better by Monday so I took the gamble and for now it appears it paid off.
copperhead
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:00 am

I've been pretty quiet so far, but I think this is the right time.

The direction of this thread is going in the wrong way. Since now that we already basically have 2 "yay for Julius" threads, I'm going to ask that you stick to the question at hand of:

"How do you think he will do the rest of the way?"

This is the only reason this thread was not moved/trashed in the first place. Please discuss this issue, or this thread will get moved to Game Commentary and/or locked. :-/

OK, I'm first. Jones has an awesome matchup vs. New Orleans. I have Jones, and I think I'll be starting him that week. Past that, I don't know if he's a strong start or not. He is going up against Seattle and Washington who have top 10 run defenses. He also has Philly...not great against the run, but if they start blowing the Boys out, he won't be used as much as normal. He will probably do well against Washington since their offense stinks, but against Seattle (at SEA) and Philly I'm not so sure.

If you have no one better or have an injured starter, then he will be a usable #2 option because of the sheer amount of carries he is getting.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Jones has done exactly what he should. He struggled against a very tough Baltimore D (I think Priest is the only one who lit them up). And blew up against a pretty hot Chicago defense.

The man is getting 30 carries a game :-o If he was on my roster I would start him every week. He will produce big time fantasy numbers.

For those that like to call him Julie he would run over or around your sorry ass ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Algierine » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:13 pm

Well, I think he is going to be a solid 2nd or 3rd back, but you have to play the match-ups. I have LT and Dillon as my starters and, barring an injury to one of them, I can't see JJ getting much time for me. The kid looked great yesterday but its obvious that he is the Boys' only real threat on offense and teams will start keying on him.

As Mercer said, beyond the Saints game, the rest of the match-ups could be tough going for him. I'll say this though, he has great value to me as trade bait from some team who needs a keeper at RB.

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk