Oh Julis Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Oh Julis Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:13 pm

I took a risk and started him over Rudi Johnson. It definitely payed off with 27 fantasy points. I am very glad with the start to this week, but then I saw he had stokely. :-t :~(

Its ok tho, im glad i have JJ.
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:49 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:Jones has done exactly what he should. He struggled against a very tough Baltimore D (I think Priest is the only one who lit them up). And blew up against a pretty hot Chicago defense.

The man is getting 30 carries a game :-o If he was on my roster I would start him every week. He will produce big time fantasy numbers.

For those that like to call him Julie he would run over or around your sorry ass ;-D

actually c-mart did better against the ravens. priest 33-125-2 cmart 28-119-2. don't quote me on these because that's from memory. it was sometinhg like 6 less yards with 5 less carries.

also rudi had 98 yards on about 23 or so carries with no td's.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Saintsfan2004 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:56 pm

I really had high hopes for Julius Jones coming into this season. I was so high on the kid that I drafted him in the 5th round of my draft. A lot of the people in my league laughed at my pick. If he would have not been injured at the start of the season he would be one of the top 10 backs in the league. I really felt he would have a good game this week. I actually benched Clinton Portis to start Jones. It payed off big. He is going to be a solid #2 fantasy RB for the rest of this season. If you are in a keeper league he is guy you want to hold on to.
Saintsfan2004
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mad benjamin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:59 pm

JuJo has shown me a couple things the past two weeks: durability in averaging over 30 carries a game and the ability to get stronger as the game wears on. I also think he has game-breaking speed and looks like he could be a threat to go all the way if the line does its job. Dallas' offense clearly is better with him in the lineup. He is young, has fresh legs from the long layoff and that will help him as he faces teams who have had the pounding of 10 more games than he played. I also like the fact he was used in short-yardage situations; we'll see how that goes when Richie comes back, but if he plays like this, there will be no need to pull him on 3rd down or goal-to-go situations.

I can see him having about 600 yds. more and maybe 3 or 4 more TDs the rest of the way.

Since I do not have the luxury of benching him at this point, he will be my #3 RB and he has some favorable matchups. I would start him ahead of certain under-achieving studs, at this point.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:04 pm

Saintsfan2004 wrote:I really had high hopes for Julius Jones coming into this season. I was so high on the kid that I drafted him in the 5th round of my draft.

Ditto. I really liked him as a nice sleeper this year early in the summer but then the Cowboys added George which kind of devalued him to me. Then I started focusing on Brown and T. Jones as my sleeper picks.

I also think Jones has one monster start left against New Orleans in 2 weeks. If I didn't have other runningbacks that have good matchups down the stretch AND the Cowboys didn't suck so bad on defense you could probably start him every week. But Dallas could get blown out of the water half way through the Seattle and Philly game, which could limit Jules's touches.

I think you definitely start him against New Orleans though.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:06 pm

Jones' value for the rest of the year takes a big jump if Vinny gets the start. Henson obviously will garner no respect from opposing defenses at this point, making it much easier to stuff the Dallas run game.

Even if Vinny can't throw the long bomb, opposing teams still have to have some respect for his ability to move the chains with mid-range passes, and the experience he has in reading defensive schemes. I think a lot of Jones' value for the rest of the year depends on what BP decides to do with the QB situation.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mah2002 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:42 pm

judging from yesterdays game it appears vinny is the man
mah2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Shader » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:25 pm

I think the Cowboys will contend for the Super Bowl NEXT year. They have 2 first rounders, and tons of cap space.

Jones looked awesome yesterday, and you have to start him all year long.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby quickm0ng00se » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Just wanted to throw this out there. Aren't the bears giving up an average of 135+ yards per game on the ground?

Not saying Jones isn't talented, and that he doesn't have a bright future ahead of him. I am however saying that I would like to see him against a slightly better run D, before I annoint him a must start. If you are hurting for help at RB, he could help. He isn't what I would consider a lock yet. Key word, YET.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:02 am

I would like to see him against a slightly better run D, before I annoint him a must start.

80 yds against Baltimore is pretty good
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk