Oh Julis Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Oh Julis Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:21 am

80 yds against Baltimore is pretty good

True, but 2.7 ypc isn't. :)

I got the impression that a few people were looking at his game against Chicago, and were ready to put him on the must start list. My point was that I'm not completely sold on his belonging on that list quite yet. He has a ton of upside, but I think personally, I would put him on the 'start him when the matchup is favorable' list.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:30 am

I picked up JJ Nov 22nd....and he blows up Thanksgiving. I would have looked like a God in my league if I had started him over McGahee--which I almost did----ALLLMOST! I started Stokley over M Clayton which saved my ass....

Nobody could have predicted his monster day considering NO Dallas RB reached 100 yards all season up to this game....the people that started him got really lucky.... ;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:37 am

the people that started him got really lucky

..And good for them. Thay took a gamble. whether they admit it or not :), and it paid off.

Don't kick yourself too hard. If your two choices at RB came down between McGahee and Jones, starting McGahee was the safer pick. I don't think he will go for 2 scores, but McGahee will get at least 100 and a TD in my opinion.

If the Dallas offense can keep the oppositions defense honest enough, I think JJ might just be a nice weapon to have in your arsenal come playoff time. Of course McGahee is no slouch. Look at his upcoming schedule....

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:59 am

quick--yeah I hear ya ;-D

McGahee-Droughns should do well for me Sunday
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:12 am

Slight HiJack

M.O.J-

If Droughns is your other RB, I think you are in good shape.

Please tell me you are in a keeper/dynasty league..... McGahee and Jones already gives you a very bright '05 season..

Back on Topic...

I actually drafted Jones as my #3 RB. My #1 reason for doing so? I like Running Backs in the Parcells system. He always seems to make a good-great RB. I did however trade Jones and my 5th rounder for McGahee and a 3rd.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CrashSitler » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 am

I am sooo glad someone finally admitted that starting Jones was the rare gamble (probably taken by those only in desperate need this week)... I am starting Pittman and Taylor and I even have Derrick Blaylock on my bench this week against San Diego... I was feeling pretty piss poor for sitting Jones against a crappy Bears "D," but honestly I couldn't see any reason to start him... Now, after what I have seen, I am definitely starting him in two weeks against the Saints.
CrashSitler
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:19 am

quick--no not in a keeper unfortunately...im getting in a keeper next year tho.

Someone in my league dropped McGahee 5 weeks ago for m Moore and I scooped him up....Funny because I traded T Henry for T owens in August and look--I still have the starting Bills RB.

So, w/ Stokley getting me 20 points I'll have T Owens and Hines Ward along w/ A Gates to reel me in some points.

I'm 6-5 in an ugly-cluster f#ck- 3rd place tie w/ 4 others and need to win this week. The 19 points sitting on my bench (JJ) is like a needle to the eyeball.

so yeah my RB's are Droughns & McGahee...the guy I'm playing has S Alexander & Emmit....Bills have only allowed 3 rushing TD's this year so maybe that'll help.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby POPCORN1 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:30 am

I'll be using him against the Saints also. The other matchups I'll most likely stick with Deuce Mc Allister & Thomas Jones.

Mercer Boy wrote:I've been pretty quiet so far, but I think this is the right time.

The direction of this thread is going in the wrong way. Since now that we already basically have 2 "yay for Julius" threads, I'm going to ask that you stick to the question at hand of:

"How do you think he will do the rest of the way?"

This is the only reason this thread was not moved/trashed in the first place. Please discuss this issue, or this thread will get moved to Game Commentary and/or locked. :-/

OK, I'm first. Jones has an awesome matchup vs. New Orleans. I have Jones, and I think I'll be starting him that week. Past that, I don't know if he's a strong start or not. He is going up against Seattle and Washington who have top 10 run defenses. He also has Philly...not great against the run, but if they start blowing the Boys out, he won't be used as much as normal. He will probably do well against Washington since their offense stinks, but against Seattle (at SEA) and Philly I'm not so sure.

If you have no one better or have an injured starter, then he will be a usable #2 option because of the sheer amount of carries he is getting.
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Algierine » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:33 am

He'll probably find his way into my starting line-up as well against the Saints. LT against the Bucs is not a great match-up, so what the hell.

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:44 pm

Algierine wrote:He'll probably find his way into my starting line-up as well against the Saints. LT against the Bucs is not a great match-up, so what the hell.

TB's rushing defense is actually pretty bad this year. They are 20th in the NFL giving up 120 yards a game and 0.7 TD's a game. Granted, it's not as great a matchup as anyone running against NO, but this LT we're talking about. :-) I'm a traditionalist...hard to bench a super-stud at any time! But after what Julius did last week, I might need to loosen up my strategy for next year! :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk