Can it get any worse for the Bears? More injuries - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can it get any worse for the Bears? More injuries

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:02 am

Free Bagel wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:KG, please tell me who would QB in your plan.

I'm assuming it would be Grossman.

Yup, unless you plan on bringing in Drew Brees next year.

I do share KG's concern in terms of where else they would go top 10 if they didn't go WR. I see big needs at CB and OLB for them, but Rolle and Johnson will likely be gone by their picks, and I don't see any other people at those spots that would warrant a top 10 pick.

I liked nfldraftblitz's pick of Ahmad Brooks (who is a Sophomore, but would have the same exception as Larry Fitzgerald to get into the NFL) then moving Urlacher to OLB (or putting Brooks there). I don't share the same concerns of their secondary as you. They seem like they'd be a dominant unit if they were all healthy for a season. Maybe they need a new trainer in Chicago. Parcells said before that a lot of injuries can be prevented with a good trainer. It seems like every year Chicago gets devastated with injuries, maybe that's the reason.

Williams would give them a franchise WR, and I think that's more what they need then a one or two year plug-in guy on the downside of their career like Bruce or Horn.

I like the idea of paying a proven commodity like Bruce or Harrison for two or three years while you have this year and next year to stock up on some 2nd and 3rd round WRs at a fraction of the price of a top 10 guy. If they hit the jackpot on that with the next Amani Toomers, Muhsin Muhammads and Keary Colberts (all 2nd rounders) they are pretty set at the WR position.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:08 am

KingGhidra wrote:I think you should try to get a vet WR for Rex

I think this is what Sweetness is referring to,if this happens,who would QB?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:11 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I think you should try to get a vet WR for Rex

I think this is what Sweetness is referring to,if this happens,who would QB?

Oops my bad.
:-] :-]

I didn't mean to trade, I meant get a veteran wide receiver as a weapon for Rex to use. Nothing like having a good oline and WRs like Hines Ward and Plax to smooth the transition of playing QB.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk