Lee Suggs: Sleeper of the week??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Suggs: Sleeper of the week???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Suggs: Sleeper of the week???

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:37 pm

http://www.nflfreaks.com/Fantasy_Football_Features/Game_Prep/Sleeper_of_the_Week/index.htm
The Sandman - Lee Suggs (RB - Cleveland Browns)

I have to start this prediction off by saying that I thought Suggs would be the best first year starting running back this year. Well, that won’t be the case but I think that this week he is a must start for the following reasons:

(1) Suggs has outplayed William Green and in the second half of last week’s game he was the primary ball carrier. He finished the game with 17 carries for 62 yards. He also had 3 receptions for 15 yards. Meanwhile, Green had only 8 carries for 32 yards.

(2) The Browns face the Bengals, ranked 31st in the league against the run allowing 143 yards per game. The Bengals have allowed a 100 yard rusher seven times this year including allowing 196 yards to Curtis Martin, 186 yards to Jamal Lewis and 147 yards to Chris Brown.

(3) In a week 6 match-up, Suggs didn’t have a great day rushing, 13 carries for 19 yards but he had 100 yards receiving. Also, William Green had 115 yards rushing so Suggs could have a huge day if you combine his receiving and Green’s rushing yards.

My only concern would be if Butch Davis continues to platoon the two backs but based on recent history, Suggs should be the primary ball carrier.

Anyone care to disagree? I think they forgot to factor in the fact that he is somewhat hurt (toe).
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwbseven » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:10 pm

True but you never feel comfortable with the RBBC AND one of them is gimpy. Did you know that he might not even play this weekend due to injury?
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:58 pm

Did you know that he might not even play this weekend due to injury?

Yeah, i said that
Anyone care to disagree? I think they forgot to factor in the fact that he is somewhat hurt (toe).
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby P. Griffin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:27 pm

After hearing that Suggs might not even play I'm wondering if Willy Green will be decent this week (assuming he doesn't get punched in the mouth before the game). I have to win this week to have a shot at the playoffs, and I'm toying with the idea of playing him over Portis.
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:34 pm

This week's sleeper of the week already played, Julius Jones.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk