Searching for a defense? Here's your sleepers. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Searching for a defense? Here's your sleepers.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Searching for a defense? Here's your sleepers.

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:14 pm

Detroit.

They either blow up or get blown up. When playing not so great teams, they put up the fantasy points. Next week they play Arizona at home. Championship week they play Chicago at home. Spot play these guys in those Weeks 13 and 16.

Indianapolis.

I picked up and played Indy this past week against the Lions after they murdered Houston and Chicago offensively and posted 26 and 18 fantasy pts in those games respectively. 17 more this week against the Lions. Happy Thanksgiving. They play Houston again in week 14 and Baltimore at home in week 15.

Here's a couple spot starts. Arizona and Tampa Bay may be on the WW. Arizona plays SF at home in week 14 and Tampa Bay plays New Orleans at home in week 15.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Searching for a defense? Here's your sleepers.

Postby The Lung » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:45 pm

Azrael wrote:Here's a couple spot starts. Arizona and Tampa Bay may be on the WW. Arizona plays SF at home in week 14 and Tampa Bay plays New Orleans at home in week 15.

It's a good sentiment, but I'd be shocked if Tampa Bay or Arizona were available in any leagues. I'm in three 10-man leagues and two 12-man leagues and both Tampa and Arizona aren't on the waiver wire. Both are right around the number 9/10/11th ranked defense in terms of fantasy points.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby hammerwx » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:42 pm

Azrael wrote:Detroit.

They either blow up or get blown up. When playing not so great teams, they put up the fantasy points. Next week they play Arizona at home. Championship week they play Chicago at home. Spot play these guys in those Weeks 13 and 16.

Indianapolis.

I picked up and played Indy this past week against the Lions after they murdered Houston and Chicago offensively and posted 26 and 18 fantasy pts in those games respectively. 17 more this week against the Lions. Happy Thanksgiving. They play Houston again in week 14 and Baltimore at home in week 15.

Here's a couple spot starts. Arizona and Tampa Bay may be on the WW. Arizona plays SF at home in week 14 and Tampa Bay plays New Orleans at home in week 15.

I'm done with ARZ after -2pts VS Carolina. Even is they are at home VS SF. Fool me once.....

ARZ is out there in some leagues. TB is a little more scarce.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:51 pm

Carolina is a bad team to play defenses against. They may have a bad record but their team has been putting up alot of points.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby hammerwx » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:03 pm

hammerwx wrote:
Azrael wrote:Detroit.

Indianapolis.

I'm done with ARZ after -2pts VS Carolina. Even if they are at home VS SF. Fool me once.....

ARZ is out there in some leagues. TB is a little more scarce.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Detroit's D took a big hit w/ Eddie Drummond's injury.

As for the Colts, they often get such a big lead on teams that they pin their ears back and force a lot of turnovers. Their D is often not tired out from being on the field too often. I like Indy's D better of the two.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk