Defense and Rookies...start drooling - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defense and Rookies...start drooling

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense and Rookies...start drooling

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:38 pm

Fantasy Football is nothing to me without rookies and defensive players.

Anyone can play fantasy football, old school. (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF). All you have to do is buy the right magazine and you have a fantasy win... WHOO HOO???

I like to play the games that make you think. In light of this, I am looking for one (or two or twenty) Rookie Experts and one (or two or twenty) Denfense Experts to talk about making an article or weekly post about the two. Please repond to this Post or shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm sick of FF illiterates winning my leagues!!!
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:23 pm

I'll be one of your Rookie Experts, rookies and the draft are definetly my forte.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:54 pm

Ill contribute to the Defensive Players part, i use them in a few of my leagues and know who are the better guys.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Defense and Rookies...start drooling

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:55 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:
Anyone can play fantasy football, old school. (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF). All you have to do is buy the right magazine and you have a fantasy win... WHOO HOO???

Actually fantasy magazines are fast becoming the one of the most misleading sources of information. Each year's cheat sheets are largely composed based on last year's stats, one of the biggest no no's in trying to decide what players will do. Just look at this year's cheat sheets and see what kind of team you would have had if you drafted your team based on the cheat sheets...all those guys out there who took Barlow, Faulk, Taylor, D.Davis, Henry, S. Davis with your 2nd or 3rd round pick know what I'm talking about.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:06 pm

Ya, fantasy magazines are a 1 way ticket to weekly losses.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:07 pm

If youre talking bout this years rookies then im in for that, because I wouldnt really call myself on college players, and for DEfenseive players im in.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:25 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Fantasy Football is nothing to me without rookies and defensive players.

I like to play the games that make you think. In light of this, I am looking for one (or two or twenty) Rookie Experts and one (or two or twenty) Denfense Experts to talk about making an article or weekly post about the two. Please repond to this Post or shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm sick of FF illiterates winning my leagues!!!

let me get this straight. first you say"Anyone can play fantasy football, old school. (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF). All you have to do is buy the right magazine and you have a fantasy win... WHOO HOO???" then you follow that with "I'm sick of FF illiterates winning my leagues!!!" um, correct me if i'm wrong but if they're illiterate,what good would the magazine do? also, you say anyone can win these easy leagues but you're sick of them winning your leagues??? why aren't you winning em if it's that easy? just curious.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:46 pm

also, you say anyone can win these easy leagues but you're sick of them winning your leagues??? why aren't you winning em if it's that easy? just curious.[/quote]

Pete123444 wrote:let me get this straight. first you say"Anyone can play fantasy football, old school. (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF). All you have to do is buy the right magazine and you have a fantasy win... WHOO HOO???" then you follow that with "I'm sick of FF illiterates winning my leagues!!!" um, correct me if i'm wrong but if they're illiterate,what good would the magazine do?

Definition of illilerate: showing a lack of familiarity with a given language and literature (i.e. English, fantasy football) :-)

Pete123444 wrote:also, you say anyone can win these easy leagues but you're sick of them winning your leagues??? why aren't you winning em if it's that easy? just curious.

No matter how good I am, I simply can't win them all.

I have to get second SOMETIMES ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:54 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:also, you say anyone can win these easy leagues but you're sick of them winning your leagues??? why aren't you winning em if it's that easy? just curious.

Pete123444 wrote:let me get this straight. first you say"Anyone can play fantasy football, old school. (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF). All you have to do is buy the right magazine and you have a fantasy win... WHOO HOO???" then you follow that with "I'm sick of FF illiterates winning my leagues!!!" um, correct me if i'm wrong but if they're illiterate,what good would the magazine do?

Definition of illilerate: showing a lack of familiarity with a given language and literature (i.e. English, fantasy football) :-)

Pete123444 wrote:also, you say anyone can win these easy leagues but you're sick of them winning your leagues??? why aren't you winning em if it's that easy? just curious.

No matter how good I am, I simply can't win them all.

I have to get second SOMETIMES ;-D[/quote]

yeah, i might finish second in one of mine this year too.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk