Could there be an actual starter in Minn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Could there be an actual starter in Minn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Could there be an actual starter in Minn?

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:26 pm

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Vikings hope to make Onterrio Smith the primary running back down the stretch.
Very interesting news, not reported yet by the Minnesota media. Smith has been the most consistent back in Minnesota this season, so it makes sense. He's a solid buy-low candidate heading to the fantasy playoffs. Nov. 27 - 3:19 pm et
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:37 pm

I think it definalty would be best to name one definate starter. They have so many talented backs though. Almost all there backs could be starters for other teams. Moe Williams, Bennet could definalty be starters. And Mewelde Moore played great as a rookie when he filled in. I was hoping they would make Oncrackio the starter.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby klgreen1973 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:49 pm

Man, I definately hope that Smith is named the starter. I have all three Vikings RB's (Smith, Bennett and Moore). I believe that Bennett is not the same after all those knee injuries (I probably shouldn't drafted him this year...but I was smart enough to draft Smith though). Moore could also be a good option in MIN, but I believe Smith is the best fit. I would love if Smith is named the starter for the remainder of the season. I truely need help at RB!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jwbseven » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:24 pm

fellas, in case any of you didn't know...

O. Smith was "named the starter" last week up until game time when Bennett started and shared the carries. All the reports don't mean crap until you see one guy getting most of the carries in game. Then we will know who the feature back is.
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:51 pm

jwbseven wrote:fellas, in case any of you didn't know...

O. Smith was "named the starter" last week up until game time when Bennett started and shared the carries. All the reports don't mean crap until you see one guy getting most of the carries in game. Then we will know who the feature back is.

Right about that. Just something to keep an eye on.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk