Ahman Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green

Postby Bears_Fan » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:48 pm

This is the official follow A. Green page to see if he is gonn play. The last update ive heard is he did not practice friday, but GB does not play until Monday night. Post all updates here.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:39 pm

fresh off The Huddle

Ahman Green - RB Green Bay Packers 11/27/04

Green had to be held out of another day of practice Friday and the team is less optimistic now that he'll be ready to go Monday night. This will likely come down to a pre-game decision Monday based on how much pain Green can tolerate and the chance of further injury.

joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Ahman Green

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:18 am

Bears_Fan wrote:This is the official follow A. Green page to see if he is gonn play. The last update ive heard is he did not practice friday, but GB does not play until Monday night. Post all updates here.

Heh, I'm giving this about a 5% chance of being the only thread about Ahman before the end of tomorrow... :-/ Maybe this should be moved to the Packers' forum to attempt to start the trend of having injury reports in the team forums? :-?

Besides that, I really doubt that Green will play much if any at all. Since he's a Monday Night play, it will be a very, very dicey move to start him (unless you have no choice).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jscupa » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:32 am

50 dollars says he plays
its a pain issue, in the past he has played through it
a pain shot and hes good

I will be starting him over davenport
plus its mnf
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zombiez » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:47 am

Im leaning more towards Davenport.....generally when the starter does not practice friday, they will not start, granted the game is Monday night, but it just doesnt sound good for Green this week...
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Snides » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am

Assuming Green doesn't play, would you start Davenport? Will he split with Fischer? Also, because MNF, won't the Pack be inclined to let Favre air it out?
Snides
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby the weakerthans » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:33 am

11/28/04 11:24am ET - An official decision on the availability of Packers RB Ahman Green (rib cartilage)won't be made until just prior to kickoff tomorrow, but according to the Associated Press it doesn't appear that he will be ready to play. Green is currently listed as "doubtful" and there is concern that he may injure himself even more if he suits up. Najeh Davenport (hamstring) will be active and should get the start but look for Tony Fisher to get a lot of carries as well.

from profantasysports.com
the weakerthans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:45 am

the weakerthans wrote:
11/28/04 11:24am ET - An official decision on the availability of Packers RB Ahman Green (rib cartilage)won't be made until just prior to kickoff tomorrow, but according to the Associated Press it doesn't appear that he will be ready to play. Green is currently listed as "doubtful" and there is concern that he may injure himself even more if he suits up. Najeh Davenport (hamstring) will be active and should get the start but look for Tony Fisher to get a lot of carries as well.

Good info.....Thanks! ;-D
Go Reuben! GO!!!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:39 pm

Good news for me, I could still walk away with a win this week if Green is out...
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Keyser Soze » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:29 pm

the weakerthans wrote:

Saw the info about Ahman this morning and decided to go with my backup ..

McGahee ..

does that make me a genius ... Or just lucky? :-D
Please cancel this account .. thank you
Keyser Soze
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk