Weather to affect games tomorrow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weather to affect games tomorrow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Weather to affect games tomorrow

Postby wannabthechamp » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:00 pm

Rotoworld reports that the weather for the Ravens-Pats game is expected to be wet and windy with winds up to 30 MPH tomorrow. Also, in the Giants-Eagles game, they say heavy bouts of rain and 50 MPH wind gusts. Just a heads up for people with players in those games, they say to upgrade Chester Taylor and Dillon and downgrade Brady and Boller in the NE-BAL game.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:05 pm

And don't forget the kickers for those games. Adam Vinateri and Matt Stover are two of the most consistant kickers in the NFL, but when winds exceding 30 MPH, think again. I hope you have a good back up kicker.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby purestrength » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:52 am

I've heard it's supposed to be cold and snowy for the Oakland-Denver game. I'm wondering how much that will affect the Broncos' passing game and if Droughns would become more valuable.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:54 am

from sportsline

Can Jake throw in snow?

Jake Plummer, QB DEN

News: With an 80% chance of snow in Denver on Sunday, QB Jake Plummer will likely have a hard time throwing the ball against the Raiders in Week 12.

Analysis: It is hard to reserve Plummer considering the season he is having -- especially at home. However, he will likely be handing the ball off to Reuben Droughns quite a bit so don't expect huge passing numbers.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Vanter » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:09 am

iloveny18 wrote:from sportsline

Can Jake throw in snow?

Jake Plummer, QB DEN

News: With an 80% chance of snow in Denver on Sunday, QB Jake Plummer will likely have a hard time throwing the ball against the Raiders in Week 12.

Analysis: It is hard to reserve Plummer considering the season he is having -- especially at home. However, he will likely be handing the ball off to Reuben Droughns quite a bit so don't expect huge passing numbers.

I think that you change the 80% to 100% since it's has been snowing in Denver since this afternoon. Not much accumulation yet, but the storm is suppose to stop sometime on Monday (with 6" to 8" of snow when all said and done). I think the high tomorrow is in the high-20s/low-30s.

Expect to to see a lot of Droughns tomorrow night.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:26 am

Wonder if it'd be worth it to bench Vinatieri. He's been so money this year so I have a hard time doing it. Vinatieri in 30mph winds may be better than the average kicker available on the WW..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:11 am

Vanter wrote:
Expect to to see a lot of Droughns tomorrow night.

sh@#. i'm playing against him. i hope he twists an ankle on the snow. seriously, i hope the stupid oakland Defense can take notice to that and stack the line
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk