Sad end to Henry's days in Buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sad end to Henry's days in Buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sad end to Henry's days in Buffalo

Postby Ben_ffc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:42 pm

broken leg. out for the season. the following is from rotoworld:

Travis Henry - RB - Bills

Travis Henry has a broken bone in his leg and will not return today.
Tough luck for Henry and the Bills. He could be done for the year, which means his Buffalo career his likely over. His trade value won't be helped any by this. Nov. 28 - 5:25 pm et

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:53 pm

Wow that sucks. He was already a sure bet to leave the Bills though.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wannabthechamp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 pm

Hopefully this doesn't make teams a bit scared of signing him, if he's healthy next season he will have a very good year wherever he goes. To think, he was my 3rd round pick and he was off my team by Week 9. :~(
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ben_ffc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:02 pm

so...is joe burns worth anything?

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:17 pm

Yeesh, that really stinks. He played on a broken one last year, but if it's a serious injury, I don't think he'll be out there anyway... :,-(

He will start getting some "injury prone" tags that will definitely diminish his trade value. I hope he gets a good start at a new locale.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby arrbez » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:06 pm

well, travis is a warrior and a solid back, but mcgahee has me convinced that he can be one of the best in the league. maybe the bills weren't so stupid after all when they drafted him...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:53 am

arrbez, I think it was an awesome move to draft McGahee. You could see he was going to be a stud back in college. They already had a solid back in Henry that could get them thru the rehab time McGahee was going to have to put in. They brought along McGahee just about right, and now he is ready to rock n roll. Henry is a nice back, but lacks the breakaway ability that McGahee has. I'd have to say the Bills did it right. Good luck to Travis Henry in '05, hope he finds a good situation.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 am

tomkatt wrote:arrbez, I think it was an awesome move to draft McGahee. You could see he was going to be a stud back in college. They already had a solid back in Henry that could get them thru the rehab time McGahee was going to have to put in. They brought along McGahee just about right, and now he is ready to rock n roll. Henry is a nice back, but lacks the breakaway ability that McGahee has. I'd have to say the Bills did it right. Good luck to Travis Henry in '05, hope he finds a good situation.

Easy to say that now, isn't it? ;-)

Hindsight is 20 20. But at the time, when Henry was having a great season, and they drafted a RB, of course people are going to say it was a dumb move. It turns out that it was a good move... so I can't really blame the Buffalo doubters when it happened.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:17 pm

Nov 29 Bills' running back Travis Henry has a broken right leg and may miss the remainder of the season. He suffered the injury in Sunday's game against the Seahawks.

Views: Henry has been a huge disappointment this season and this just adds injury to insult. He no longer has any value except for in keeper leagues. The Bills will make every effort to move Travis this off-season and he should be a starter for some team next season.

Looks like it's official.

If Henry stays in Buffalo, his value as McGahee's backup is next to zero.

If Henry is traded to replace the departure of, say Edgerrin James in Indianapolis or Shaun Alexander in Seattle for example, where would you rank him? Henry has broken a leg in two consecutive seasons now, which leads me to believe he's got Charles "Ginger" Rogers disease.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:22 pm

Well at least the Bills won't demand much from anyone to get Henry, so that means alot of teams will be interested. Good starting RBs are hard to come by nowadays so they'll be plenty of interest out there.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk