2006 FFL first 5 Draft picks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 FFL first 5 Draft picks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

2006 FFL first 5 Draft picks...

Postby PSU All Day » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:47 pm

Ok, my season is over so time to look ahead...

Who do you think will be the first five players drafted next year?

Here's mine:

1. LT
2. S Alexander
3. E James
4. A Green
5. Priest

A lot depends on where Alexander and James end up.

Not sure I see many other RB's seperating themselves this year. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Owens or Moss sneak close to this list.

A good case could be made for the following players as well:

McGahee - Stock is getting higher and higher

Lewis - Will have something to prove and the team should be better on offense next year.

It sure is going to be an interesting draft next year.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:51 pm

Why EDGE? with manning vulturing his TDs, if he stays in INDY

what about?

Dillon, This guy is a DONKEY!

DDavis, if houston doesn't bring anybody in. Look at his stats for the year individually and for the last four weeks including this week.

These guys have very compelling case and are proven!

Chris Brown was hurt for half the year. So he definitely drops out because of lack of production.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:53 pm

Heard of a guy named Manning? I think this has proven that RBs are very unreliable and can have much more value drafting next years Tikis and C-Marts in much later rounds. Manning should go number 1 in every league next year....and in my league we start 2 QBs so his stock is crazy high in that league.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jscupa » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:55 pm

1. LT
2. Ahman green ( team will make def. better next year will help green) AND favre may be gone
3. preist
4. dillon
5. alexander ( new team next year, so you never know)
6. ricky ( yes I said ricky he has alot to prove)
7. denver rb
8. duece mac
Last edited by Jscupa on Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Atog » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:56 pm

I can see Manning and potentionally Cpep in the top 10.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:58 pm

2006 draft? Are you throwing in the towel on 2005 already too?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:00 pm

1. LT
2. Ahman green ( team will make def. better next year will help green) AND favre may be gone
3. preist
4. dillon
5. alexander ( new team next year, so you never know)
6. ricky ( yes I said ricky he has alot to prove)
7. denver rb
8. duece mac

Too many RBs. Realistically, people are just gonna pick Manning, C-pepp, Moss, Owens, and some of the top names early next year because of the incredible season that they're having. This is great for experienced FF players since some of the top, underperforming stud RBs will fall a couple of rounds next year.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby husker_fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:03 pm

no, i see manning and LT2 being the first couple of picks.
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:12 pm

I would say Priest, Alexander, LT, Manning, and Ahman.

Rest of the top 10 in my opinion would be Owens, Moss, Deuce, Edge and McGahee. (Portis is right there too)

May be too high for Manning at #4, but I can see arguments for him over the 2nd tier of Rbs..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Siggyfawn » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:15 pm

Hello? Manning?

2002 Manning was 3rd
2003 Manning was 1st
2004 Manning will be 1st and DOUBLE ANY RB

I'll explain this again. People pick RBs because they are usually reliable AND the drop off from an elite RB and a 2nd tier RB is fairly large. But this is exactly the case with Manning. He is so far beyond the 2nd tier QBs, along with the fact he never misses a game, along with the fact he's the highest FF scocer year in and year out. He's the logical choice.

Now Holmes was the ONLY rb who is even close to Manning the last few years. Holmes is now 32, Holmes will miss a good chunk of this year out hurt. RBs usually go downhill after 30. I can't see drafting Holmes #1. When you get 1st overall, you have to make a safe bet. If you mess up #1, then you're basically drafting from the 3rd round on. (last pick of 2nd round) So unless you're a WW master, you need a solid, elite player at #1. You can't go wrong with Manning. Just look at the stats. So you draft Holmes 1st, then your QB is who? Bulger? Brooks? You can get great RBs early 3rd round. Staley might fall, Henry with a new team, Dunn, Jackson taking over for Faulk, Thomas Jones, Westbrook, Rudi, Taylor, Pittman. You'll be able to get 2 of those. If you figure Mcnabb, Cpepp, Owens, Moss all get taken in the 1st/2nd by people chasing pts, you'll get 2 solid RBs w/ the 20th and 21st picks.

Anyway, with Holmes hurting and old, there's only one super stud left in the nfl, and it's Manning. LT is a distant 3rd, but even in his BEST year, Holmes was barely ahead of manning. With inuries and age, I'm not sure how you can risk your season on Holmes #1.

Lastly with the mounting injuries, it's crazy but QBs are lasting longer then RBs. With the Indy line, how fast he gets the ball out, he rarely gets sacked, very few ints, very few fumbles, bottom line is Manning is the highest pointer getting in FF, and the safest bet out there.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk