2006 FFL first 5 Draft picks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 FFL first 5 Draft picks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:19 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:We also have to look at the likelyhood of injuries - KG did a study on that a while back, so maybe he would be kind enough to reshare his results - basically RBs are the most susceptible to injuries, followed by QBs and WRs. The likelyhood that any QB play an entire season without missing a game is pretty remote - so for Peyton to do it 8 seasons in a row (this yr is his 7th) is really unlikely IMO. Just another something to think about.

Wasn't my study, it was Doug Drinen. QBs miss the most games per year to injury, RBs are next and WRs are relatively bullet proof by comparison.

Of course you have to take situation into account, and as long as Peyton is releasing that ball as quickly and decisively as he does, he's a low sack/injury risk. Of course, all it takes is a Lawrence Taylor to come crashing through and ruin his whole day...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nickjumpman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:22 pm

Here are the first 5 picks next year. Not neccesarily in this order.

1) LT2
2) Alexander
3) Peyton
4) Peyton
5) Daunte
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nickjumpman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:24 pm

No you are not the only person who will draft Daunte before Manning.

I will definitely draft C-Pep before Manning.
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:35 pm

Did you mean to put Peyton up there twice?

These agruments are very interesting now when there is a lot to happen the end of this year, and quite an offseason to go.

This year I don't think there were too many people that took Manning over Culpepper.

I don't know though. Assuming he keeps that MVP trophy another year, I have a hard time seeing him not be the first QB drafted. Arguments could be made for taking McNabb higher than last year as well.

It would have been interesting to see how Culpepper could have fared all year with a healthy Moss. To see how close their stats would have been.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nickjumpman » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:21 am

Sorry, I am an idiot. peyton was not supposed to be there twice.

it was supposed to be:

1. LT2
2. Alexander
3. Priest
4. Daunte
5. Peyton
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:25 am

My top 5:

1. Willis McGahee
2. LT2
3. SA
4. Drew Brees
5. Tony Gates
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:31 am

Chances are if you find yourself in an inexperienced league, the top 5 will likely be something

Manning
Cpepp
Mcgahee
SA
Dillon

Mine will be something boring like

LT2
SA
Deuce
Green
Edge
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Parrothead » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:38 pm

If I play in the same league next year as I am in now, I will definately go high on a QB again because of our scoring system. 1 pt for every 20 yards puts up HUGE numbers for the Cpepps and Mannings. They have consistantly outscored my running backs (LT and Dillon) by double most the season.
Parrothead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby husker_fanatic » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:01 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:My top 5:

1. Willis McGahee
2. LT2
3. SA
4. Drew Brees
5. Tony Gates

yea rite. you are mentally retarded if you drafted brees or gates before manning or culpepper, or even tiki barber or terrel owens. you just said that to change it up.
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:08 pm

1. Holmes - if he comes back 100% healthy next year and Chiefs have no major personnel changes, gotta go with him again. He was on pace for 30 TDs and 2,300 total yards.

2. LT - old reliable Tomlinson may not have the yards he's had in the past but the TD's should be right on schedule. Remember he's been a little hurt this year too. No reason not to take him 2nd.

3. McGahee - he's scored 109 fantasy points in my league in his 6 starts. That's about 18 a game. I'm guessing his weak schedule these last 4 fantasy games will vault that average even higher. People made Portis a top 3 pick after he exploded in 12 starts his rookie year.

4. Alexander - when backs like Green, Portis, and McAllister have struggled this year Shaun's consistency pushes him into the top 4.

5. James - I'd have this guy at 2 if I knew Manning wouldn't vulture his TDs for his own glory. He scored 5 times in the first 5 games but only once since.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk