who WILL defeat Eagles in NFC Champ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

who WILL defeat Eagles in NFC Champ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:38 am

bagobonez wrote: You're just mad that you were dead wrong about Portis and that I was right. Get over yourself.

The fact that you say that makes me laugh and lets on to just how immature you are. I don't particularly care about being wrong about 1 player. I've made more than my fair share of good calls for 2004 that I'm not bothered by that.

I'll admit how wrong I was about Portis if you admit how wrong you were about McNabb being overrated and not worth a top QB pick. Until then... Shhhhhhhhh

:-b :-b :-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:29 am

i have been a fan for a long time back when jaws lost in the super bowl and I was five. got to watch the fearsome defense and acrobatics of cunningham, the terrible kotite years, the fraud that was ray rhodes, two iterations of detmer, a doug pederson and a bobby hoying, the 4rth and one game against emmitt. I think I've earned the right to defend them now.

As for the guy who says they are "mediocre" -- that is the dumbest comment I have heard. They are the winnengest team since 2000, in case you didn't know. They just got owens. they went to three championship games prior to his acquisition. If that is "medicority", then the league has some very high standards.

yea, its all owens, and mcnabb and westbrook have nothing do do with it. last time I checked, they produced without owens (last year)

the defense is second in the league in pts allowed. again, that must be because of owens.

gimmie a break. None of those things constitute homerism. A homer would be someone who thinks mcnabb should be mvp and westbrook is the best back in the nfl.

the things I have talked abotu are the facts.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:54 am

KingGhidra wrote:
bagobonez wrote: You're just mad that you were dead wrong about Portis and that I was right. Get over yourself.

The fact that you say that makes me laugh and lets on to just how immature you are. I don't particularly care about being wrong about 1 player. I've made more than my fair share of good calls for 2004 that I'm not bothered by that.

I'll admit how wrong I was about Portis if you admit how wrong you were about McNabb being overrated and not worth a top QB pick. Until then... Shhhhhhhhh

I already have admitted I was wrong about McNabb. Somewhere, in some other thread.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:56 am

eaglesrule wrote:i have been a fan for a long time back when jaws lost in the super bowl and I was five. got to watch the fearsome defense and acrobatics of cunningham, the terrible kotite years, the fraud that was ray rhodes, two iterations of detmer, a doug pederson and a bobby hoying, the 4rth and one game against emmitt. I think I've earned the right to defend them now.

As for the guy who says they are "mediocre" -- that is the dumbest comment I have heard. They are the winnengest team since 2000, in case you didn't know. They just got owens. they went to three championship games prior to his acquisition. If that is "medicority", then the league has some very high standards.

yea, its all owens, and mcnabb and westbrook have nothing do do with it. last time I checked, they produced without owens (last year)

the defense is second in the league in pts allowed. again, that must be because of owens.

gimmie a break. None of those things constitute homerism. A homer would be someone who thinks mcnabb should be mvp and westbrook is the best back in the nfl.

the things I have talked abotu are the facts.

Alot of media members, mostly Colin Cowherd the idiot, have voted McNabb their MVP despite the season that Manning's having. THere's just this infatuation with the guy that they can't get over. Nevermind that Peyton Manning's about to shatter one of the hardest records to break. McNabb's still better somehow. :-°
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:51 pm

>>>

<<<

Teams, even great teams, vary from year-to-year in how they win. Look at my own Patriots. Without Dillon this year, they would suck big time.

That's what I'm saying about the Eagles. THIS year, without Owens, they're a mediocre team. Fortunately for them they're not without Owens, so I'm not calling them mediocre, I'm saying they would be without him, just as the Pats would be without Dillon.

Owens has accounted for HALF of McNabb's production, and I can assure you that the rest of the Eagles receiving corps wouldn't pick up that slack without him. The coverage on Owens has accounted for a lot of Westbrook's numbers (and the production out of otherwise useless receivers).

If you want to walk around with an Eagle on your shoulder, it should be Owens.

If Owens goes down, you'll see just how bad the Eagles offense really is without him. Those other receivers can't pick up the slack like NE receivers.

The Eagles are a mediocre team without Owens. That's all I'm saying. Let's hope for the sake of Eagles fans that they don't have to find that out for themselves.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby bagobonez » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:14 pm

DraftDodger wrote:>>>

<<<

Teams, even great teams, vary from year-to-year in how they win. Look at my own Patriots. Without Dillon this year, they would suck big time.

That's what I'm saying about the Eagles. THIS year, without Owens, they're a mediocre team. Fortunately for them they're not without Owens, so I'm not calling them mediocre, I'm saying they would be without him, just as the Pats would be without Dillon.

Owens has accounted for HALF of McNabb's production, and I can assure you that the rest of the Eagles receiving corps wouldn't pick up that slack without him. The coverage on Owens has accounted for a lot of Westbrook's numbers (and the production out of otherwise useless receivers).

If you want to walk around with an Eagle on your shoulder, it should be Owens.

If Owens goes down, you'll see just how bad the Eagles offense really is without him. Those other receivers can't pick up the slack like NE receivers.

The Eagles are a mediocre team without Owens. That's all I'm saying. Let's hope for the sake of Eagles fans that they don't have to find that out for themselves.

You're absolutely right. Without Owens, McNabb and the Eagles' offense would be struggling, just as they have in the past, especially without Duce Staley around. And when you consider how the Eagles broke the rules in order to get Owens, it makes it all the more maddening to every other team in the NFL. If the Eagles do luck out and win the SUper Bowl, it will be predicated on a breakage of the rules considering Owens will have put them over the top.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:17 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

ya I guess 1000 yards rushing isnt a big deal after 13 weeks.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:30 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

ya I guess 1000 yards rushing isnt a big deal after 13 weeks.

No, it's really not. It's good, but it's not a big deal. 7 other RB's also have 1,000 yards rushing at this point, and all 7 of those have more TD's than Portis too. I just can't wait until season's end so i can pull up that Alexander v. Portis thread again. Sticking to my end of the bargain, I'm going to wait until the end of the season before bringing it up again, because I want to give Portis his fair chance to overtake Alexander in total points. I just remember how "stupid" and "ignorant" i was for not only thinking Alexander was better than Portis, but for also thinking he was better than everyone but Tomlinson. Turns out he just happens to have the MOST fantasy points of ALL Rb's this season, at least by my scoring. What's even sadder for Portis is that Reuben Droughns is a mere 11 points behind Portis despite not starting for near as many games as Portis. And all the Portis apologists wanted to say that it wasn't just Denver's system, and that it was Portis' talent that made him great, and that he would match or exceed his numbers from Denver. And here Reuben Droughns is about to surpass him in total points. Guess it was the system after all.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:05 pm

deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:Image

LOL

That bagobonez cat is crazy. He wants respect on a message board so bad he wants to bump up threads to show how cool he is. I have no problem saying I'm wrong about things. I'm wrong about particular players all the time, but he wants to use 1 instance of being right to show how great he is. I still think he's ignorant and a moron just by the things he types. I shouldn't expect too much from someone from Texas with a Rush avatar I guess huh?

Kids are CRAZY these days.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting