Who will be Bears QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be Bears QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will be Bears QB?

Postby Chopper » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:07 pm

Don't laugh too hard.
The Bears are headed into some decent fantasy territory for a QB: Vikes, Jax, Hou, GB.
Deeper leagues might be able to snag some half-way decent sleeper points off the FA list right now. For example, I'm in a 14 team, 2 QB league and I'm starting Big Ben at #2.

Its entirely possible that even Jeff George will put up better numbers than Ben, Rattay, Bledsoe, Henson, Feely, Eli, etc. against those pass D's.

So who's it going to be:
George?
Krenzel?
Quinn?
Hucthinson?
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:13 pm

Krenzel looks to be out for 2-3:

From Stats, Inc.
Nov 28 An ankle injury suffered on Thanksgiving Day against the Cowboys is expected to keep Krenzel on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks. An MRI revealed no major structural damage, but the high sprain will require come recovery time. In his five starts this year, Krenzel has just three touchdown passes to go along with five interceptions.

Advice: The Bears are expected to turn to Chad Hutchinson to handle the starting duties under center for at least the next couple of weeks. The team also is expected to ink Jeff George on Monday, so Krenzel's role for the remainder of the season and beyond could very much be up in the air.

Looks like Hutchinson will start in his place. George could see some time, but not enough to warrant a roster spot IMO.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby PuntinFool » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Chopper, I hope you're right about possible big fantasy numbers from a Bears QB. I'd even take positive points (unlike Henson's -1 last week)! With Warner and Garcia both going down one way or another within a week's time, I am seriously hurting for my QB2 spot.

But yes, Hutchinson has been named the Bears starter for this week. Rotoworld:

Chad Hutchinson will start for the Bears in week 13.

With Craig Krenzel likely out a month, Hutchinson will get a shot the rest of the year. He's trying out for the Bears backup job next year, but we're not optimistic.

I don't know how up to speed Jeff George is, considering he's been out for 3 years, but it may only take a week or two before he's tabbed to take over the QB spot if Hutchinson falters.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Who will be Bears QB?

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:45 pm

Chopper wrote:Don't laugh too hard.
The Bears are headed into some decent fantasy territory for a QB: Vikes, Jax, Hou, GB.

Chopper, I'm a Bear fan (actually one of those very rare Bear AND Packer fans) and have watched every game this season. The Bears have been truly awful offensively and I wouldn't even think about playing one of their QB's until they've shown something more. I believe Hutchinson will be the starter but supposedly he's been having trouble picking up the Bear's playbook. George has been out of football for years and sucked in 2001. I think either would stand a good chance of giving you NEGATIVE fantasy numbers, no matter their opponent. Just my $0.02. :-t
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby btg34 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:07 pm

Word around Chicago is that Hutchinson will be starting. But I wouldn't touch him unless you're in a 32 team league... Their offense is terrible, and he has no receivers that create any seperation from the defenders. Plus, like Goatwhacker said, rumor has it that he's having some trouble with the playbook, so it'll probably be limited Sunday.
btg34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby marcusallen » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:22 am

I'm going to the game, and I fear it is the beginning of the Hutchinson era...

I'd rather see George.

Although I can't imagine anyone can be worse than Quinn/Kretzel. :-P
marcusallen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk