Shaun Alexander is waiting for the Highest Bidder... $$$$$ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander is waiting for the Highest Bidder... $$$$$

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shaun Alexander is waiting for the Highest Bidder... $$$$$

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:01 pm

For anyone who has any doubt about Shaun Alexander's core loyalty being with the almighty dollar, have a look at these excerpts from an aricle in the Seattle Times:

- "A list of the 10 richest people in America hangs inside his locker".

- "I love everything about Seattle," Alexander says. "At the same time, there are also some things that I feel could be better".

- "He wants you to understand he's Mr. Average Guy, a businessman with business mentors"

This is not the point that the article is trying to make, but when I read these things add it to the other things I've heard Alexander say, the more I believe he is just going with whatever team offers him the most money next year. I thought at first it was his agent telling him to say he liked Miami and act real politcal and say things like "I have to do what's best for me and my family". Now, I'm convinced it is coming from Shaun himself. I don't question the guy's motivation to play football. He plays hard and is a great player and is an all-around nice guy. All I'm saying is that he has no loyalty that will keep him from leaving Seattle if any other team is willing to pay more. I don't expect him to be in Seattle at all next year since many other teams will be willing to throw cash at him.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... awk28.html
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:03 pm

If I was one play away from having no job (serious injury), I'd take whatever money I could.

You can't be an NFL RB forever.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:05 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:If I was one play away from having no job (serious injury), I'd take whatever money I could.

You can't be an NFL RB forever.

alot of people don't think of this. But lets look at Bo Jackson, one play, one second in time and boom, you are done!!!! I would love to see Shaun back here in seattle next year, but you can't blame a guy for leaving if someone is will to pay him that much more money.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:11 pm

The reason I posted this was because after Seahawks training camp this year, Alexander was trying to fight the perception that he is "all about the money".

He IS all about the money. Why can't he just admit it?

(OK, maybe I'm just mad because Shaun Alexander seems to have more FFL value playing for the Seahawks than he will playing for the Dolphins or some other crap-ass team. - I'm not sure I'll keep him next year )
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:51 pm

I'm sure that's a great thing to say to boost your public image. :-D
Most athletes do it for the money (with their love for football of course). Otherwise, why would they risk their bodies to play in the NFL. Why do we all work??? for MONEY. Think about it. If you know you won't get a paycheck, will you show up to work everyday?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:36 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:

I'm sure that's a great thing to say to boost your public image. :-D
Most athletes do it for the money (with their love for football of course). Otherwise, why would they risk their bodies to play in the NFL. Why do we all work??? for MONEY. Think about it. If you know you won't get a paycheck, will you show up to work everyday?

Well, I have to admit I do work for money too, but money doesn't make up the whole equation... If I like my current job and I see another job in my field that pays 20K more, I'm not automatically going to jump at it. It may not be an ideal working situation in the other job. My role in the other organization might not be what I would like and there might be more stress/BS to put up with.

So I have to say that I'm not available to the highest bidder, but I still think Shaun Alexander is. The way he's talking, I don't really think he cares where he goes as long as he gets top dollar.

Is it worth that extra 5 million dollars over 6 years (hypothetical) to go to Miami where they probably won't even crack the playoffs for several seasons and he will take a flurry of hard hits as his new O-line plays the matador defense? He might be able to make is mark in Seattle and contend for the playoffs or even a Super Bowl down the road.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby packers24130 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:44 pm

I woudnt stay in Seattle either where they clearly dont think too much of him and think Morris can step in and do just as good. Why not go to the Dolphins where you know your gonna get the ball 30 times and get paid alot more. Who thought the chargers would be 8-3 and the chiefs 3-8 this year, any team can turn it around at anytime. Alexander is doing exactly what most people would do.
packers24130
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:52 pm

packers24130 wrote:I woudnt stay in Seattle either where they clearly dont think too much of him and think Morris can step in and do just as good. Why not go to the Dolphins where you know your gonna get the ball 30 times and get paid alot more. Who thought the chargers would be 8-3 and the chiefs 3-8 this year, any team can turn it around at anytime. Alexander is doing exactly what most people would do.

The Dolphins organization is in utter turmoil. The likes of which they won't recover. No QuarterBack, No O-Line, No Coach, No semblance of intelligent management, No Running Back. They do have a solid defense and good receivers, but the afore mentioned problems won't get fixed for several seasons. Shaun Alexander or not, the Dolphins are in the crapper for a while. Doesn't seem too attractive to me.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:54 pm

I like my job, but for a extra mil. per yr. I'd relocate.

PM me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QB-Carr, Leftwich
RB-A. Green, C. Brown, S. Jackson, J. Jones, Chester Taylor
WR-Bruce, Walker, Lelie
Te-Gonzo
K-J. Brown
D-Seattle, Bucs

4th qtr. team
McNabb, Brett Farve
S. Alexander, A. Green, Mcallister, McGahee
Tory Holt, A. Johnson, D. Driver, C. Johnson
TE-McMichael
K-Elam
D. New England , Colts
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:27 pm

At the beginning of the year the Seahawks were already working on the details of a long term contract for Hasselbeck and were pretty much ready to part with SA. They should reconsider that and let Hass walk and do everything in their power ($$$) to resign SA, because without him they aren't even a playoff team, much less the superbowl contender everyone thought they were.
While they're at they should let KRob walk as well. Keep DJax because he still catches TDs despite the drops.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk