It's that time of year again - benchings after teams clinch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It's that time of year again - benchings after teams clinch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's that time of year again - benchings after teams clinch?

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:57 pm

With thier victory over the Giants yesterday, Philadelphia clinched their division. With victories over the Packers, Redskins, or Cowboys in the next few weeks, combined with some Atlanta Falcons losses, the Eagles might have home field advantage also wrapped up very shortly.

Could we then see some benchings of key players? Would Westbrook ride the pine in favor of Dorsey Levens? What about T.O.?

Might not be a bad idea to have backups ready for week 16 (the fantasy Superbowl for most) just in case.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:40 pm

I would think they'd wait until home field is wrapped up before they sit guys down. They are only one game better than ATL, so I wouldn't look for it to happen until maybe the last game of the year.

As for Pitt/NE, they are both neck-in-neck, so their players should be safe starts to the end unless one of them tails off.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=118449
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:28 pm

Agreed, as long as homefield advantage is in play, there will be few benchings...
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:00 am

I'm thinking about putting together a big package for Mcnabb since he has such a juicy playoff schedule, but I'm worried he'll be pulled early in games during the FF playoffs.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk