Do we add Holmgren's name to the list... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do we add Holmgren's name to the list...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do we add Holmgren's name to the list...

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:15 pm

of coaches bound for the scrap heap this offseason?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=/morning/week12 wrote:Of course, even murkier than the Bills' future, particularly after Sunday, is that of the bipolar Seahawks.

There are three very prominent pending unrestricted free agents on the offensive side -- quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, tailback Shaun Alexander and left tackle Walter Jones -- and you have to wonder how much owner Paul Allen is willing to invest in any of them.

Hasselbeck, who seemed to turn the corner last season, seems to have regressed. He has four games this season in which he completed more than 60 percent of his passes and four outings in which his completion rate was less than 50 percent. After the Sunday mess, in which he completed only 19 of 38 throws, Hasselbeck now has four games in which he amassed more than 15 incomplete passes. There are games of 19, 21, 23 and 27 incompletions. Not good for a player best noted for his accuracy, even worse in a Seattle offense that is clearly quarterback-driven.

The collapse of the Seahawks, a team more severely flawed than anyone would have expected at the outset of the season, could have an effect as well on the future of coach Mike Holmgren. The smart money is that Holmgren is back in '05. But if the Seahawks fail to make the playoffs after a 3-0 start when they looked like one of the best teams in the league, well, you just never know.

Oh, yeah, the NFC West is now a collective 2-10 in games against the AFC East this season.

Add me to the list of people who thought Holmgren, relieved of his GM duties would be rejuvenated this season building on the success of last year with an easy walk through the NFC West. It's not like they won't make the playoffs since I can't see them losing their division outright, but they seem like an early exit team to whoever gets that #5 seed (Green Bay or Minnesota).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:32 pm

I think alot has to with how the Seahawks finish off the season. Remember, they are still 6-5 despite what everyone is calling a disastrous season, and if they can turn things around and play well in the remaining 5 games and possibly win a playoff game, then Holmgren might be off the hook. Of course, that's a HUGE if right now the way they are playing.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:06 pm

i dont even wanna get started on holmgren..... :-°
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:27 pm

you gotta wonder about the walrus, if perhaps the fat hasn't fully taken over his brain...

he has had some injury/suspension issues, but the play-calling has been terrible. Seems to me he has no game-plan...

ack.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk