What's the deal with the KC RB situation? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's the deal with the KC RB situation?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's the deal with the KC RB situation?

Postby Lloyder » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:54 pm

So I'm watching Blaylock start vs SD and doing great than I see Larry Johnson in the game and asking myself, "is Blaylock hurt?" No LJ scores & Blaylock returns & scores. Luckily Blaylock did better than my back-up Fred Taylor but now I'm in a bind and need your guys help. I own Priest, Blaylock, Pittman, & Taylor. I must start 2 and I'm in a must-win these next 2 weeks. However, if Priest is out and Blaylock splitting time w/ LJ, would you start Pittman (a no brainer) and Taylor (vs Pit yuck) or Blaylock (again) or look at the waiver wire and pick up a guy like Julius Jones and drop Taylor or Blaylock? I'm afraid Priest is done for the year (or at least 1 - 2 more games) & KC will want to showcase LJ so they can trade him. Please help. Anyone else in my RB nightmare?
Lloyder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:16 pm

As a Priest owner myself I am concerned it is turninginto a RBBC situation.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:35 pm

This topic has been issued a bit in the past and all the posts seem to indicate that KC is just putting LJ out there to showcase him to other teams for the offseason trade market. Probably a good bet since the marriage between LJ and the Chiefs is sour at best. The Chiefs have nothing left to play for so they may as well committee until the season ends.

RBBC will give Priest a rest and showcase the other two. Why bother risking further injury to Holmes if there is nothing left to play for? I'm not saying they'll IR him like some have suggested, I just see little reason why they won't committee here on out. It makes FFL owners mad, but it makes sense from the Chiefs point of view.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk