You've gotta read this...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

You've gotta read this......

Moderator: Football Moderators

You've gotta read this......

Postby TheRealDeal77 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:32 pm

Okay, so last night all of my opponents players were finished and I was down by 32 points and I only had Jerry Porter left. I conceded my loss because there was no way in hell I could of caught up. Think about it....Porter @ Broncos, Champ Bailey covering him all night, Kerry Collins throwing the ball, and a freakin snowstorm to top it off.

As you know, 6 catches, 135 yds and 3TD's later, I had the biggest comeback in Fantasy Football History!!!! Now I know that anything can happen if something like this did.
TheRealDeal77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:33 pm

In like week 8 or something I was down by 10 and I had no one left he had some Defense I think it was the Jets. Well anyway the defense ended up getting -2 and me winning the game.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:07 pm

ljthockey wrote:In like week 8 or something I was down by 10 and I had no one left he had some Defense I think it was the Jets. Well anyway the defense ended up getting -2 and me winning the game.

you were down by 10 with no one left, and the other guy got -2, and you won? I am confused about that one... :-P

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:11 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
ljthockey wrote:In like week 8 or something I was down by 10 and I had no one left he had some Defense I think it was the Jets. Well anyway the defense ended up getting -2 and me winning the game.

you were down by 10 with no one left, and the other guy got -2, and you won? I am confused about that one... :-P

My bad I was giving them the default 10 yahoo gives them at the start of the game for 0. Ok Ok not that great of comeback
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:15 pm

This didn't happen to me, but it happened in one of my leagues in...eh, I think it was 1999 or 2000. Anyways...championship game and Team A was up on Team B by 30 points going into Monday Night Football.

All Team B had left was Marshall Faulk. Of course, this was a year when Marshall was playing like Priest Holmes in his prime. Well, 4 Marshall Faulk TD's later and some 150 combined yards and Team A was crying in their milk. Certainly our most memorable championship game ever.

We still talk about that game all the time because the guy who played against Faulk always gets screwed over by Faulk. Whenever he played Faulk he lost, whenever he drafted Faulk, he got hurt.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: You've gotta read this......

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:40 pm

TheRealDeal77 wrote:Okay, so last night all of my opponents players were finished and I was down by 32 points and I only had Jerry Porter left. I conceded my loss because there was no way in hell I could of caught up. Think about it....Porter @ Broncos, Champ Bailey covering him all night, Kerry Collins throwing the ball, and a freakin snowstorm to top it off.

As you know, 6 catches, 135 yds and 3TD's later, I had the biggest comeback in Fantasy Football History!!!! Now I know that anything can happen if something like this did.

i didnt know anyone still had enough sack to start jerry porter. either you are really crazy or really smart...either way...congrats ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby citti34 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:51 pm

starting Porter is rough. Nice comeback though. 2 years ago in a GB/MIN game, my friemd lost BC of that circus catch Freeman made in 0T. Funniest thing ever BC it couldn't have happen to more of an ass.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siggyfawn » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:51 pm

Yeah you lose 10 weeks in a row then Porter wakes up! Woo hoo 1-10!
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby citti34 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:56 pm

Siggyfawn wrote:Yeah you lose 10 weeks in a row then Porter wakes up! Woo hoo 1-10!

Wouldn't go that far. Porter is the Portis of Wrs. A bad team has killed drafters.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Algierine » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:31 pm

I came back from 58 points down last year and all of it on Monday night. Can somebody top that?
Last edited by Algierine on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk