You've gotta read this...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

You've gotta read this......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:08 pm

Our Cafe Lord and Savior, BrutallyHuge has spoken.... I suppose we are all required to disregard this thread now....

Oh heavens me !!! Ive broken a commandment !!!

the shame of it all
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:54 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I agree with matmat.

This thread is worthless...plus, it has a misleading title.

You think this thread is worthless?
Well let's take a look at one of your threads found right here in the Fantasy Football Talk forum.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Better look at it fast. The last time I proved BrutallyHuge was a hypocrite, he went back and edited all of his posts. :-b

Anyone remember that?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:11 pm

josebach wrote:Better look at it fast. The last time I proved BrutallyHuge was a hypocrite, he went back and edited all of his posts. :-b

Anyone remember that?

Nope.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:12 pm

josebach wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I agree with matmat.

This thread is worthless...plus, it has a misleading title.

You think this thread is worthless?
Well let's take a look at one of your threads found right here in the Fantasy Football Talk forum.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Better look at it fast. The last time I proved BrutallyHuge was a hypocrite, he went back and edited all of his posts. :-b

Anyone remember that?

haha edited it already. thats pretty lame.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:16 pm

Everyone take it easy. Look at both sides on this, and let's not feed the WebHamster if we don't have to. There's no reason to take offense to anyone's post here. Reading the first part of this thread, I was in agreement with matmat. The cafe mods have worked hard to make the cafe as solid and user-friendly as humanly possible. Part of that process is making sure that topics and titles for topics aren't misleading. I, too, clicked on this thread expecting some earth-shattering news, and was a little disappointed to see it become a "Biggest Comeback" thread. IN that respect, I totally see matmat's side and would probably have mentioned something similar if he hadn't.

On the other side, it's cool to see newer cafe members get excited about the sport and share that enthusiasm with the rest of us. As the owner of a very disappointing team at times (thank you Deuce McAllister and Jamal Lewis), it is easy to lose focus and start feeling upset at the gods of the fantasy world. A breath of fresh air -- remembering that remarkable upsets are possible in the positive fashion -- is great to see.

The body of this thread isn't crap, but something that everyone can jump in on and share stories of great comebacks. Simply re-naming the thread "Greatest Comeback Ever" would allow everyone to enjoy the fun message here without being misled. Using the Commentary forum would be another good move (helps keeps things organized -- the mods have to wade through enough stuff daily to keep this site so great, let's lend them a hand).

Overall, the point is this: Before jumping down someone's throat one way or another (people on both sides did that here), make sure you see the situation through their eyes.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Re: You've gotta read this......

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:50 pm

TheRealDeal77 wrote:As you know, 6 catches, 135 yds and 3TD's later, I had the biggest comeback in Fantasy Football History!!!!

i remember a bigger comback that i had, that was when Shaun alexander was just coming out and had that monster game against oakland monday night. i remember not watching the game thinking i had no shot whatsoever and going to sleep. needless to say, i had a nice surprise when i woke up the next morning.....
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jwbseven » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:59 am

matmat wrote:the thread is titled "you've gotta read this"
OK. I'm thinking -- important information about some player, or team, or scoring of some play or SOMETHING. No. it's some self-aggrandizing (is that a word?) dude bragging about how he won because of a player he had to play due to injuries or benchings or whatever...

So what, Jerky. You still need to chill the eff out.
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:39 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
josebach wrote:Better look at it fast. The last time I proved BrutallyHuge was a hypocrite, he went back and edited all of his posts. :-b

Anyone remember that?

Nope.

my my... that's some quick work, BH. ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk