Which back will do better the rest of the way? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which back will do better the rest of the way?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which back will do better the rest of the way?

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:07 pm

Pittman or JuJo?

Julius had a monster game on Thanksgiving (national stage) and appears to be getting all the carries for a suddenly run-oriented Dallas offense. I love the kid and he has a ton of speed and ability. He seems to get stronger as the game progresses, is young and has fresh legs. As backs go, he is unproven and may be a FF playoff gamble for that reason, but a huge reward could ensue if you have the stomach for it.

Pittman, on the other hand, has more experience and has really come on with the Bucs offense. He's had some very good games this year; more than I think most would have thought as a ww pickup. As this past week will show us, if he can't beat you on the ground, he can beat you through the air. His fumbles are worrisome, but he plays on a better offensive team than Jones. Alstott is swiping some carries, which could be another concern.

Who has it better the rest of the way?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:37 am

I'd say Pittman.
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:52 am

Parcells is certainly going to pound the crap out of the ball in Dallas, so Jones will get plenty of touches. But, I think Pittman is a slightly better option. Pittman's pass-catching ability gives him the nod, IMO. Plus, he's more likely to see goal-line carries, even with Alstott back.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:48 am

Plus, the fact that Tampa's D is so much better than the Cowboys' means Pittman gets to run out the clock while JJ has to take a second seat to the passing game to try to catch up.
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk