Did the Ricky Williams thing go under the radar? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did the Ricky Williams thing go under the radar?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did the Ricky Williams thing go under the radar?

Postby biju » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:44 am

Ok, apologies if this was already discussed. I read the cafe everyday and even did a search on the subject so I thought I would post it.

this came in from sportsline on the 23rd:

Sportsline.com wrote:News: According to reports, Ricky Williams will serve a four-game suspension beginning in Week 13 that would carry him through the end of the regular season. According to his lawyer, Williams will then be reinstated to the Dolphins by the NFL. "I am pleased with the National Football League's proposal," attorney David Cornwell said Tuesday. "I think Ricky will be pleased, too."

Analysis: Williams needs to approve the deal, which would remove him from the retired list to the suspended list for the final four games of the season. Following that, his contract with the Dolphins would be in force.

Uh, you mean he's going to be able to play next year!?!? I thought he was going to be suspended for at least a year?

Of course, this isn't coming from any NFL source, so it could be a bunch of crap. Especially since the quote is coming from his attorney...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:27 am

Here's the discussion we had about it awhile back... http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... 74&start=0
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk