For those who've clinched a while ago - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For those who've clinched a while ago

Moderator: Football Moderators

For those who've clinched a while ago

Postby nsulham » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:09 am

Has your attitude or how much you dissect matchups each week changed?

In two leagues I'm 11-1 and clinched some time ago. It's a bit challenging in those leagues to get "up" for these last few weeks because I already have the top spot sewn down, therefore I haven't really been paying too much attention setting my lineup or on gameday.

Now that's not to say I've let my teams go but lately I haven't worried much about matchups and that kind of thing.

Anyone else the same?
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:13 am

I just clinched a spot this week, so it might not be the same situation. But, here's why I'm still intent on scoring:

I'm need to win each week because of tiebreakers for the top seed and what-not. I'm only one game ahead of 2nd and 3rd, and my total point lead is 2 points. I am really thinking about my seed positioning. Presently, the guy in 4th place is the Manning owner. If at all possible, I want to meet him in the first round of the fantasy playoffs (week 15) when Indy has Baltimore. Although I can probably beat his team without the matchup, I feel it's the best chance I have of making sure I beat his team if he stays in position 4 (very likely). So, I need to keep winning and get that #1 position to get the best matchup against Manning.
Last edited by Mercer Boy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:13 am

I haven't changed my attitude or preparation in the least. I am 12-0, with my last game of the year against the 2 time defending champ this week. I beat him earlier in the week, and I don't have the best lineup with Priest being out...So absolutely I am trying as hard as I can.

Win or lose, it would not affect where I sit in the playoffs, but it has been like that for 3 weeks now. I am creating the mindset that each game is like a playoff. Has been working thus far, and keeps you sharp.

You can always find a way to make your team better. Plus, I would love to be the only team to ever finish 13-0 in our 10 year league history.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtlenway » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:59 am

I too am 11-1 and in command of my 10 team money league. However, it wasnt until posting the win this week that I secured best record, most points and a bye in the first round of the playoffs. We only have one week of the regulars season remaining and yes I am a bit laxed on worrying about setting my line-up as my winning or losing this week has no effect on my position. However, I do play the division leader in the second division and a lose to him will cost him the division and a first week bye.

Nonetheless, I am still scanning the waiver wires looking for the injuries and favorable match-ups.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:42 am

I'm 11-1 also and haven't changed anything I do either. I've actually been involved in games with wild card implications so it's been fun knocking teams out of playoff contention. This week I play a team that I will most likely play in the first round so I would like to beat him for the second time this year going into our playoffs game in 2 weeks.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:51 pm

perhaps attitude may be more suspect to change in commercial leagues.....but in home grown leagues with strong rivalries and personal investments ..... the attitude rarely ever fluctuates....regardless of circumstances....

on a side note ....our league....the losers of each weeks games must contribute money to the pot......

which furthers the emphasis on winning
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:21 pm

i havent...theres always something special about finishing the season with the highest point total regardless of record.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebula » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:39 pm

I'm thinking about starting Hasselbeck and Taylor just to have a guy in each of the night games this week. Prob. not a move I would make (or even think about) if there were any implications other then points for (which is pretty much out of reach).
Bulger against SF should get the start, but probably won't.

I just wish NFL teams would give my guys the rest this week. ;-7
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:52 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I haven't changed my attitude or preparation in the least. I am 12-0, with my last game of the year against the 2 time defending champ this week. I beat him earlier in the week, and I don't have the best lineup with Priest being out...So absolutely I am trying as hard as I can.

Win or lose, it would not affect where I sit in the playoffs, but it has been like that for 3 weeks now. I am creating the mindset that each game is like a playoff. Has been working thus far, and keeps you sharp.

You can always find a way to make your team better. Plus, I would love to be the only team to ever finish 13-0 in our 10 year league history.

;-D 12-0, nice job!!! Good luck going undefeated.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thedirtiedawgs » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:40 pm

Yeah I'm 12-0 2nd place is 8-4 after I beat him last week. I really want to run the table. Stranger things have happened so we'll see.
Come on Fellas stay healthy

QB-P.MANNING
RB-L.JOHNSON
RB-JAMES
WR-T.HOLT
WR-C.JOHNSON
TE-WINSLOW
K-RACKERS
DEF-BALTIMORE

Fitz,Dunn,Bush,Farve....
thedirtiedawgs
Special Teams Staff