Your opinion on Big Ben - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Your opinion on Big Ben

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:02 pm

perhaps it may be a bit too soon to stereotype Roethlisburger...

but he reminds me a great deal of Troy Aikman..... decent value, as a NFL quarterback .....but considerably less valued by fantasy football owners
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby mtlenway » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:04 pm

You laugh at my prediction of Baltimore being a possible Superbowl contender? What is different about the 2004 Ravens and the one that won the Superbowl with Dilfer at the helm? You win championships with good defense and a running game, with a few exceptions. New Englands Defense will get exposed and more than likely it will be Manning to expose them. I honestly, Dillon or no Dillon, can not see New England getting past Indy, Pitt or Baltimore.

Yes New England defeated Baltimore last week but look closely at the game and New England did very little on offense for most of the game and won it on a couple of fluke plays.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:07 pm

I don't "laugh" at it, but strongly disagree with it.

The "strong defense" cliche is just that. Teams have also recently won with strong offense. And the broncos packers teams that won seem well balanced, as does new england.

The new power teams, aside from indy have that balance, and have shown basically they could beat baltimore -- both new england and philly already have done that. I just don't think they can score that much.

yea, it is similar to the dilfer year, except, you know, the fact that the league has totally changed since then -- and perhaps that model won't get it done against this batch of teams. And the fact that this defense seems a tad more weak than the champuionship one. they can shut down anyone, unfortuantely, they could barely score themselves.

ultimately, you still need points to win.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk