Ty axed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Ty axed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ty axed

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:55 pm

Breaking news out of South Bend, Willingham will not be 'retained' for 2005.

No one is saying if it's mutual or a firing, but a press conference at 4pm ET may clear things up.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:08 pm

I can't believe they only gave him 3 years. I thought things were starting to come around a little. Oh well.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:04 pm

Here is a link for anyone who want to read it.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/f ... ml?cnn=yes
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:58 pm

Urban Meyer anyone?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:36 pm

I suspect that Urban Meyer and John Gruden will be their top two targets. They really wanted Gruden bad three years ago and he is a South Bend kid, but I think Urban Meyer is the more realistic candidate (unless he goes to Florida :-o )
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:09 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I suspect that Urban Meyer and John Gruden will be their top two targets. They really wanted Gruden bad three years ago and he is a South Bend kid, but I think Urban Meyer is the more realistic candidate (unless he goes to Florida :-o )

I think we'll see Butch Davis at Florida.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:29 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I suspect that Urban Meyer and John Gruden will be their top two targets. They really wanted Gruden bad three years ago and he is a South Bend kid, but I think Urban Meyer is the more realistic candidate (unless he goes to Florida :-o )

I'm pretty sure Urban Meyer already said he didn't want the Florida job, plus ND is like his dream job.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:32 am

I agree that Meyer appears to be heading to ND. Especially with his Utah contract being drawn up to let him escape to go coach there.

Seems like a logical fit too, with the offense they are trying to run there. Good luck to him and to Ty.

Rumors I have heard include Willingham to Washington.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:47 am

Notre Dame really screwed Ty. I mean they only gave him 3 years. How do u expect somebody to take over and get all his recruits in only 3 years. Bad move on the admistrations part :-t
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:54 am

J2thez929 wrote:Notre Dame really screwed Ty. I mean they only gave him 3 years. How do u expect somebody to take over and get all his recruits in only 3 years. Bad move on the admistrations part :-t

As a loyal ND fan, I must agree with you. I really thought Ty was a good coach that really could bring ND back. He did need more time. I mean you fire him, with his first recruited QB in only his Sophomore year? That's not fair. As I have said before (not in here), I believe Ty's 8-0 start at ND left everyone with higher expectations than were realistic and it hurt him more than it helped. I will also say though, I will not be dissapointed to see what Urban Meyer can do with Quinn and this offense!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to College Football