Whats everyone's fav fast food restaurant? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Whats everyone's fav fast food restaurant?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Whats everyone's fav fast food restaurant?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

I never had a McRib before and haven't quite got the cult fascination with it. Sounds nasty, really. Inevitably, McRib reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer chases after the ribwich at the next test market location.

As far as fast food goes, I don't really like chain restaurants all that much. Quiznos, In-N-Out, and Wendy's are OK, but I usually patronize the local businesses who serve a high quality offering.

Every now and then, I follow the food trucks. The last couple of years, L.A. has become a food truck heaven and now, you can find a variety of food trucks serving different cuisines. Good stuff.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I never had a McRib before and haven't quite got the cult fascination with it. Sounds nasty, really. Inevitably, McRib reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer chases after the ribwich at the next test market location.

As far as fast food goes, I don't really like chain restaurants all that much. Quiznos, In-N-Out, and Wendy's are OK, but I usually patronize the local businesses who serve a high quality offering.

Every now and then, I follow the food trucks. The last couple of years, L.A. has become a food truck heaven and now, you can find a variety of food trucks serving different cuisines. Good stuff.

Portland's "Cart Courts" are blowing up. They're basically a grouping of carts (food trucks/converted food buses/5th wheel food carts). They're popping up everywhere and are just about the greatest thing ever. In on spot you can chose from awesome burritos, pizza, burgers, sammiches, raviolis, Thai food, ice cream, etc. Most are open till 3 in the morning...it's like an end of the evening wonderland.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 pm

I love Culver's. Mostly Wisconsin, but I think they've branched out to a few neighboring states. Nothing better than a Double Bacon Butter Burger with the Works. And they make awesome desserts, too.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

FTW
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Still In and Out Burger for me. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SniperShot » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Five Guys burgers and fries no doubt.

They make better burgers and fries than some sit down restaurants that I've been to.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am

SniperShot wrote:Five Guys burgers and fries no doubt.

They make better burgers and fries than some sit down restaurants that I've been to.

One just opened a few blocks from my office, but I haven't tried them yet. Sounds like I need to go.

@Met & Artful - I am jealous of your food scene. I've watched a bunch of shows on Travel Channel where Bourdain or Zimmer or that little mousy blonde eats at a food cart and it always sounds so good. I'm sure you can find bad food carts, but for the most part they sound like a great alternative.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 am

dgan wrote:I love Culver's. Mostly Wisconsin, but I think they've branched out to a few neighboring states. Nothing better than a Double Bacon Butter Burger with the Works. And they make awesome desserts, too.

Culvers, that's the frozen custard place right? We have those here in Indy but I've never been to one.

I guess I'd have to say Subway, but I very rarely eat fast food.

If I really want to indulge I'll hit Hardee's for a thickburger. Otherwise, McD's cheezburgers are my go-to food for road trips.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 pm

knapplc wrote:

One just opened a few blocks from my office, but I haven't tried them yet. Sounds like I need to go.

note: the large fries is enough to feed a family of 4...for about a week
also be prepared to pay about $10 for a burger, fries and drink
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:36 pm

knapplc wrote:

@Met & Artful - I am jealous of your food scene. I've watched a bunch of shows on Travel Channel where Bourdain or Zimmer or that little mousy blonde eats at a food cart and it always sounds so good. I'm sure you can find bad food carts, but for the most part they sound like a great alternative.

Five Guys is very good. Order a small fries, there will be more than enough for you.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk