Antowain Smith - Should I bail on him? Please help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antowain Smith - Should I bail on him? Please help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antowain Smith - Should I bail on him? Please help!

Postby D_S » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:13 pm

I drafted Antowain Smith with my 4th pick our draft. Is he in the doghouse or what? I havent seen a 1K rusher get dissed so much. Theyre constantly talking about Jamal Anderson. Whats up with this? Should I continue to start him? My Backups are Wheatley and Duckett. Should I bail on him or be patient? Please give me any input. Thanks
D_S

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:29 pm

Be patient - Smith is the best you have, and his role in the offense will increase. Wheatley won't put up the numbers you're looking for unless Garner goes down, and while Duckett should get more carries, it's too early to start him just yet.

Stick with Smith.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby a1doug182 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:27 pm

Keep him. He didn't rush for over a 100 yds until like after week 7 last year. But I would look for another back-up besides the ones that you have. Also keep an eye on Duckett they are supposed to work him into the game plan more, he is avg. like 6 yds a carry.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joe_montana » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:33 pm

Ouch. 4th pick? That means at least 3 of the following was still on the table, M. Faulk, R. Williams, D. Macalister, P. Holmes, A. Green, or Shaun Alexander. That hurts. Stick with him though, as he will break out soon enough.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk