Glad I listened to my stomach today. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Glad I listened to my stomach today.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Glad I listened to my stomach today.

Postby Calyxes » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:46 pm

I am glad that I started K. Jones this week over J. Jones. I just had that feeling even after everyone told me not to do it. I just hope that J. Jones does not top him on monday.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:20 am

Always trust your gut ;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:59 am

Yup, picked up R. Curry and started him in place of H. Ward this morning... that move won my head-to-head against my cousin for the final playoff spot. ;-D
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:02 am

in another league, i benched Deuce McAllister for Nick Goings... the gut never lies... eeeeexcept about Roy Williams on Thanksgiving... what was i thinking?
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dyin' Lion » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:39 am

I did the Curry thing too and couldn't be happier.

My gut has yet to lie to me this year..I picked up and played

Melwelde Moore
Jerome Bettis
Julius jones
Nick Goings
Anthony Thomas
Ronald Curry
Clayton(TBay)

I started these guys during all their big weeks..
"Same old Lions"
dyin' Lion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shaffe » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:45 am

mad props to the gut. my gut told me to go with hasselbeck this week over brees. who knows how it'll work out, but brees scored exactly 0 poitns in my league this week. good thing he scored that on my bench ;-D .
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby enoughduff » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:00 am

My gut told me not to start Santana Moss and Keary Colbert. Problem is that my only option was Anquan Boldin... Boy, you´re screwed if you drafted Moss, Pennington and Price within rounds 3 to 8 (14 team league...)... :~

You´re really screwed if you have to win against a pretty bad team that features some hot players. Who would have guessed that he´ll probably beat me because of R. Curry, K. Jones and T.J. Houshmandzadeh... :-[

-------------------------------------------------------
QB: J. Plummer, B. Griese
RB: S. Alexander, D. Davis, J. Jones, M. Morris, Wells
WR: S. Moss, A. Lelie, K. Colbert, A. Boldin
TE: T. Heap
K: N. Kaeding
Def: Bills
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
enoughduff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Algierine » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:56 am

Unfortunately, my gut said nothing about starting Drew Bennett, who put 30+ up sitting my bench.

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cooner » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:59 am

was it just me, or was there a ton of gut this week? it seemed that there were an exceptional number of slacking studs making comebacks, fantasy duds playing the role of studs, and studs playing poorly- the perfect recipe (in hindsight) for good gut calls.

Exibit A: Clinton Portis- it was clear the Betts thing annoyed him and was total BS, he had played so poorly lately that people (especially here, not that Clinton Portis reads this forum... or does he.... portisfan....) were questioning his ability and benching him for the JJs, TJs, and SJs of the world- I personally have started Blaylock over him even when Blaylock had terrible matchups (read NE)- it just seemed ripe for a motivated game on his part. Couple that with a self-destructing Giants team made my gut scream run Clinton run!

Exibit B: Porter/Curry- after the Kerry explosion last week, the favorable matchup had many people's guts screaming to go with the former bane of fantasy existence- the Oakland offense. It worked nicely for those of us who ran with it.

Exibit C: Ahman/Naj- Everyone near Philly knows that the Eagles are still looking for the respect that Green Bay gets, despite the fact that they're by far the best team in the (pitiful) NFC. I don't think anyone thought that Green Bay's offense would get THIS shut down, but at least I had a feeling that an inspired defense looking for respect would at least take the ailing GB rushing game out of it.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelcurtain » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:24 pm

I always trust my gut too. One time my gut told me I was hungry so I went to eat a sandwich.
steelcurtain
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting