Season so far - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Season so far

Moderator: Football Moderators

Season so far

Postby Flux » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:33 pm

We started off just miserable as we did last year, and now we seem to be putting the pieces together. 2 weeks in a row we have really come to play, and you can just feel Carson getting more confidence. It sucks though b/c the CIN/BAL game wasnt shown here in Columbus, but Carsons stats looked very good. TJ appears to FINALLY be stepping up his role and we now have 2 good receiving threats. K. Washington has also been making more noise as of late

Our D is still less than perfect, and thats obviously an area we need to improve on, but we have just been ravished w/ injuries. M. Williams has been a very good player this year, showing how versatile he is by playing many positions.

We have won 4 of our last 5 games w/ the following coming up

@ NE
BUF
NYG
@ PHI

obviously we dont have much of a chance against NE and PHI on the road, but we could get 1 or both of those home games. The Giants have completely collapsed as of late, and BUF can play incredibly well or terrible.

We currently are only 1 game out of playoff contention, and thats pretty incredible considering how difficult our schedule is this year. I doubt we will make it as we dont hold much in tie-breakers and would still need to win more games than DEN and BAL, but hey, not too bad of a year when its still possible after week 13 ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:29 pm

yeah, i'd like to see them lose a couple more actually to improve draft position. Maybe if they'd trade up for antrel rolle, we'd actually have a lock-down corner. Hopefully they'll get a speed wr in the draft to play across from CJ or maybe in free agency.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DUKE » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:05 am

There's no way I want to lose to improve draft position. Another thing to consider is that when we play the Eagles, they will likely have their playoff spot locked up and could be sitting a lot of players to rest them in fear of injury. Carson looked awesome last week. I think that particular game could serve as a "turning of the corner" for Carson. He was asked by Coach Lewis in the 4th quarter to "Just go out and win the game for us," and he did just that with his 3 touchdown passes. If Carson can keep a similar poise, and our defense can just keep us in the game (bend but don't break), I think we can hang with any team in the league. I give us a legitimate shot at beating New England this Sunday.

Defensively, Madieu is quickly becoming my favorite player on that side of the ball. He has ball-hawking skills, but also lays some ferocious hits out there. I remember last week, when one of Baltimore's Wr's was coming across the middle for an intended pass, while Madieu was running at him ready to lay him out just as the ball would be getting there. The Wr (forget which on it was) literally stopped his route on a ball he could have caught to avoid getting hit , leaving the interception by Madieu.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Turnip » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:01 pm

ML is on record saying we can win out. I agree with him. Our hardest challenge is this week, and I think right now Palmer has enough confidence to throw against any defense. Buffalo is awfully hyped right now but people should pay less attention to them and more to us. The Giants are in a downward spiral, and hopefully the Eagles won't have anything to play for and will bench their starters (like Duke said). Even at 10-6 we could miss the playoffs, but let's hope not!
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:04 am

Agreed, no way do I want to lose to improve draft position. Also, I was at the Baltimore game, and it was great. Nothing like jawing with the Baltimore fans all game and then being able to back it up with a W. ;-D
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Return to Cincinnati Bengals