Drop Boldin now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drop Boldin now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby greenlaser » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:40 am

BOLDIN IN THE NEXT TWO WEEK BRUDA HE GOES AGAINST 9ERS AND STL GOOD MATCH-UP
"THE CLOCK"
the clock of life is wound-but once and no one has the power to know just when the clock will-stop at late or early hour.
now is the only time u have.live,love & toil w/ a will.
place no faith in tomorrow-for the clock then may be still.
greenlaser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:53 pm

Does anybody remember from last year whether or not Boldin had any great games with McCown or did he do most damage with Jeff Blake at QB??
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Chopper » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:05 pm

I didn't really crunch the numbers, but just looking over the box scores from last year, it looks like both guys threw to Boldin. Blake seems to have spread it around a little, with a little more emphasis on the TE, but both QB's offered Boldin big games.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby irishclown » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:08 pm

When a WR averages over 5 receptions a game after missing more than half the season due to a serious knee injury, you know he's got game. Did you people all forget the rookie records that Boldin SHATTERED last year? Or are you overlooking how terrible NFC defenses are playing?

I guess the people dropping Boldin are the same people that traded Chad Johnson for crap after 5 weeks because of his paltry numbers.

Boldin is the leading WR for the Cardinals at this point in time and they have the softest schedule by far of any NFL team during the fantasy playoffs this year. Obviously you don't start him over other consistent options. But if you would rather play a guy like Lee Evans (#2 WR with Bledsoe as QB) or Antonio Bryant (Cleveland Browns WR) over him, I think you need to get your head examined.

Well, I hope you have him pal....good luck w/ that quarterback throwing to him!! 0 TD's Donkey, thats not enough for you, let me remind you....this is 2004, it doesn't matter what he did last year. He's been back for awhile now, and Fitz still has better numbers as the #2 guy. I wish I had more guys like you in my league, clinging on to guys because of what they did last year. It's week 14 and he hasn't scored yet, what more do you need to be convinced. Let me guess, you start Portis, Duece and Mcnair, I mean they were solid in 2003. Who needs to get their head examined??. WEEK 14.......0 TD's!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

as u saw today

Postby tripleben2002 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:21 pm

Boldin had some pretty good numbers today and u should look for him to continue this next week against the porous Rams pass defense. All I can say is BOLDIN WILL GET A TD in week 15. Play in week 15!!!!!!!
tripleben2002
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:22 pm

befo wrote:I think Boldin can excel with McCown as his QB. He is the same guy who threw to him last year.

No he isn't, Boldin got pretty much all of his production thanks to Jeff "I only pass to 1 WR" Blake.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:17 pm

irishclown wrote:
When a WR averages over 5 receptions a game after missing more than half the season due to a serious knee injury, you know he's got game. Did you people all forget the rookie records that Boldin SHATTERED last year? Or are you overlooking how terrible NFC defenses are playing?

I guess the people dropping Boldin are the same people that traded Chad Johnson for crap after 5 weeks because of his paltry numbers.

Boldin is the leading WR for the Cardinals at this point in time and they have the softest schedule by far of any NFL team during the fantasy playoffs this year. Obviously you don't start him over other consistent options. But if you would rather play a guy like Lee Evans (#2 WR with Bledsoe as QB) or Antonio Bryant (Cleveland Browns WR) over him, I think you need to get your head examined.

Well, I hope you have him pal....good luck w/ that quarterback throwing to him!! 0 TD's Donkey, thats not enough for you, let me remind you....this is 2004, it doesn't matter what he did last year. He's been back for awhile now, and Fitz still has better numbers as the #2 guy. I wish I had more guys like you in my league, clinging on to guys because of what they did last year. It's week 14 and he hasn't scored yet, what more do you need to be convinced. Let me guess, you start Portis, Duece and Mcnair, I mean they were solid in 2003. Who needs to get their head examined??. WEEK 14.......0 TD's!!

10.9 fantasy points on Sunday, how'd you do with Antonio Bryant?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:53 pm

14.1 from Evans, selective memory's a biatch isn't it.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:27 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:

14.1 from Evans, selective memory's a biatch isn't it.

WRs get a 48 yard rush every game right? I'll take a 9/109/0 game (Boldin) over a 4/33/1 game (Evans) every day of the week.

Besides the argument had nothing to do with Boldin versus specific players, it had to do with starting an underperforming #3 WR versus hot "waiver wire" WRs. Nothing against Lee Evans or Antonio Bryant.... but I'll take Boldin. Like I said before and I'll say again, NFC West defenses suck.... Boldin has talent... expect 100 yard games and/or TDs in the closing weeks.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:48 pm

Evans, Bryant and Boldin are pretty much the same for me, I'd play the matchup if I owned all three. One thing that sticks out to me is that Boldin still doesn't have a td. With the NFL ,and FFL for that mater, is a what have you done for me lately game.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk