YAHOO link to complain on Baltimore TD. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

YAHOO link to complain on Baltimore TD.

Moderator: Football Moderators

YAHOO link to complain on Baltimore TD.

Postby Cas2800 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:39 am

Yahoo took away the 6 points for Baltimores defence TD. Here is the link to complain.

You might need to copy and paste.

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/football-01.html
Cas2800
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:17 am

I don't know why they would do that. So what if a defensive guy fumbled the ball? Another guy from the defense picked it up and ran it in. Why would that not still count for the defense?

I also wonder why Buffalo's KO return for a TD doesn't count for DST...

I feel bad for any of you guys that got hosed. :-t to yahoo.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Steelers Rule » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:31 am

it's still got to be a score for the defense, it screwed one of the guys in my league
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

This is BS!

Postby goodnewsbears » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:23 am

Well, I've already complained to Yahoo, but I dont know what that will do. They should give the 6 points back, since it was a defensive TD. I should have won my game by 1 point, but instead I lost by 5. And yes, it has HUGE implications on playoff seeding. If anyone hears anything about it, please post it here. Thanks, and good luck to all...
goodnewsbears
Monday Morning Quarterback

What a load of crap!

Postby BuckyGator » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:09 am

Yeah i'd say I got hosed - overnight change completely altered the playoff picture in one of my leagues, moving me from 6th to 9th, out of the playoffs! :-t It this really the "official" rule? A defensive player's fumble recovered by a teammate and advanced for a TD doesn't count as a defensive TD? What exactly is it then? You'd think Yahoo would at least offer some kind of explanation considering the ramifications the change had on a lot of leagues. Oh well, at least I dominated my keeper league, going from 13th to 1st in one year! Thank you Antonio Gates!
QB: Warner, Brees
RB: SJax, Dunn, Gore, Barlow, Maroney
WR: Steve Smith, Driver, Walker, Reg. Brown, Williamson, Wilford
TE: Winslow
K: Wilkins
D: Cincy
D: Matchups
BuckyGator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RaudeR » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:59 pm

ABSOLUTELY FREAKING REEEEEEEEEEEEDICKULUS. (if there is ever a time on the forums to user bad spelling and caps, now is it).

I had 90 pts yesterday.... safe in the lead. The guy im playing had 45 and Jackson and Alexander to go... Great games and he pulls to 86, but i still have the win.

I wake up this morning and Yahoo has taken away 6 pts and I my total is EIGHTY FREAKIN FOUR ....

I lost 84 - 86 thanks to FREAKIN YAHOO>.... :-t :-t :-t
RaudeR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

I heard from Yahoo...

Postby goodnewsbears » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:08 pm

I heard from Yahoo but all they replied with was the generic response. I replied to that message for further info, so i guess we still have to wait and see. Did you guys SEE this TD? I did not, but from every description I have heard and read of it, it should without a doubt be worth 6 points for the Ravens Defense, right? If it was a TD, Yahoo will eventually correct the problem.

I hope.
goodnewsbears
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby drsteuss » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:54 pm

I won because of that ruling, so shhhhhhhhh...
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby floydyboy » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:01 pm

I saw the highlight. Ed Reed - Defensive God - picks off Palmer and starts upfield holding the ball like a loaf of bread. After a couple of cuts in mid field the ball was stripped from behind. Chris McAllister scooped up the loose ball and carried the ball the rest of the way for 6 points.

The defensive player that lined up on the defiensive side of the ball at the snap scored a touchdown. Where is the problem? Nobody is looking for credit for the fumble recovery by McAllister, just the touchdown.

Let me put it another way. If Chad Johnson fumbles and Rudi Johnson picks it up and carries it into the endzone for a touchdown, does Rudi get his owner 6 points? If so, then Baltimore D should get 6 points as well.
My Championship Winning Lineup:
QB: BVolek
RB: JJones, LJohnson
RB/WR: MPittman
WR: THolt, JHorn, EKennison
WR/TE: NBurleson
TE: JWitten
K: JKasay
D: BAL
Bch: KCollins, JGalloway, JPorter, LTomlinson, LBetts, LSuggs
floydyboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:19 pm

floydyboy wrote:Let me put it another way. If Chad Johnson fumbles and Rudi Johnson picks it up and carries it into the endzone for a touchdown, does Rudi get his owner 6 points?

No, he doesn't.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting