Julius Jones Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:46 am

drsteuss wrote:I drafted him, dropped him after he busted his shoulder blade, then picked him up again. Guess I'm not as dumb as I look.

Amen, I did the exact same thing so it worked out great! ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:48 pm

BigMusky wrote:It might not have as much to do with fresh legs as defenses not preprared to handle them. Do you really think the Bears were expecting Dallas to run all over them on Thanksgiving. What footage would they have had to prepare for him?

I'm sorry I don't buy this at all.

I'm sure having some game film on the guy is great and all, but how much preperation do you need to tackle a guy?

Ron Rivera: Okay, we are playing the Cowboys on Thursday. Dallas gave him 30 carries against Baltimore even though he wasn't effective. They are also starting Drew Henson. I think they'll run the ball a lot.

Defensive Players: But what do we do? We don't have much film to study to counter Julius Jones.

Ron Rivera: Good point... Maybe you should just TACKLE him when he has the ball?

Defensive Players: Yeah that's a good idea coach! We'll tackle him like we get paid to do.

Game planning over.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:09 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I wanna see how he holds up for the rest of the season. I still like him the most of all rookies, but he is running on fresher legs than the rest of the league.

Excellent point, the top 3 RBs at least from next years draft are all more attractive to me than any of the RBs from this year were.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
BigMusky wrote:It might not have as much to do with fresh legs as defenses not preprared to handle them. Do you really think the Bears were expecting Dallas to run all over them on Thanksgiving. What footage would they have had to prepare for him?

I'm sorry I don't buy this at all.

I'm sure having some game film on the guy is great and all, but how much preperation do you need to tackle a guy?

Ron Rivera: Okay, we are playing the Cowboys on Thursday. Dallas gave him 30 carries against Baltimore even though he wasn't effective. They are also starting Drew Henson. I think they'll run the ball a lot.

Defensive Players: But what do we do? We don't have much film to study to counter Julius Jones.

Ron Rivera: Good point... Maybe you should just TACKLE him when he has the ball?

Defensive Players: Yeah that's a good idea coach! We'll tackle him like we get paid to do.

Game planning over.

You really dont give defense coordinators enough credit. The NFL is too fast to simply run a guy down and tackle them...you have to be going in that direction first and anticipate the play.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:35 pm

Drafted him, then dropped him...since I was the last one to own him I couldn't pick him up... :~(

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:14 pm

Ok... i've been hearing a lot about next years RB draft being better. Please tell me who that can be:

- you have 2 RB from Alburn that are good
(They are NOT as good as Jackson and K. Jones)

- Then you have a RB from Texas (to me the best RB to come)
**IMO he is a tear below Jackson but equal KJone or JJones**

Please educate me on how they can be better. Also take into account that the NFL will have a rediculus amount of quality RB's in FA?
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:21 pm

Drafted him as 5th or 6th RB. Dropped him for Foster when he was hot. Team behind me picked him up (waiver priority based on record) and beat me head-to-head by 3 points thanks to his Thanksgiving game. We ended up tied, and he got the tiedbreaker with his h2h win even though I had over 100 more points for the season. :-t
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:08 pm

cruiz03 wrote:Ok... i've been hearing a lot about next years RB draft being better. Please tell me who that can be:

- you have 2 RB from Alburn that are good
(They are NOT as good as Jackson and K. Jones)

- Then you have a RB from Texas (to me the best RB to come)
**IMO he is a tear below Jackson but equal KJone or JJones**

Please educate me on how they can be better. Also take into account that the NFL will have a rediculus amount of quality RB's in FA?

The simple fact of the matter is that the RB's next year seem better because NFL scouts think they're better. Alot of places have several RB's projected to be picked in the top 10 next year, while meanwhile this past year there were several teams in the top 10, and even more between 10-24 that had a big need at RB, and still passed on Jackson and Jones.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Osk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:40 am

that doesn't mean much. k-jones and JJ look like steals right now... projected draft order doesn't mean crap.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Previous

Return to Football Talk