Deuce McAllister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Deuce McAllister

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deuce McAllister

Postby Warpigs » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:38 am

I'm sorry, but there isn't anyone more frustrating this season on any fantasy roster than Deuce McAllister. Most drafted him in the first six picks of the draft, and he's been a year-long headache. I can stomach the injury -- they're unavoidable -- but this past weekend's 0-pt fantasy performance is just too much. He PULLED HIMSELF from the game because he wasn't doing well. So much for being the team leader and so much for him starting for me any more this season. I'll take my chances with Pittman vs. stiffer defenses. Realistically, I don't see Deuce doing much better next year, either, unless Haslett and the rest of the coaching regime are canned (and even then, it's hard to depend on this guy).

From Yahoo::

Dec 6 McAllister yanked himself from Sunday's loss in the first quarter after dropping the first two passes thrown to him, the Times-Picayune reports. He later re-entered the game.
Recommendation: Following the contest, McAllister called the first quarter of Sunday's game "the worst 15 minutes of his NFL career." Though McAllister will eventually get over his bad game Sunday, the Saints as a team are not likely to improve much during their final four games, something which could hurt Deuce's fantasy value down the stretch. On a positive note, you can expect the running back to get more than a mere seven carries next week at Dallas.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:04 pm

I'm just thankful that the McAllister owner in our league is not a postal service worker / NRA member....

he drafted Deuce in the first round ....(get this) ....."just above" Peyton Manning
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:38 pm

I drafted him as well in the first round. If not for Dillon and Julius, I'd be stuck. The lesson here is....stay away from the Saints.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Re: Deuce McAllister

Postby johnnyboy_ffc » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:11 pm

Warpigs wrote:I'm sorry, but there isn't anyone more frustrating this season on any fantasy roster than Deuce McAllister. Most drafted him in the first six picks of the draft, and he's been a year-long headache. I can stomach the injury -- they're unavoidable -- but this past weekend's 0-pt fantasy performance is just too much. He PULLED HIMSELF from the game because he wasn't doing well. So much for being the team leader and so much for him starting for me any more this season. I'll take my chances with Pittman vs. stiffer defenses. Realistically, I don't see Deuce doing much better next year, either, unless Haslett and the rest of the coaching regime are canned (and even then, it's hard to depend on this guy).

From Yahoo::
yeah well try having jamal lewis and duece this year.......horrable!!!
Dec 6 McAllister yanked himself from Sunday's loss in the first quarter after dropping the first two passes thrown to him, the Times-Picayune reports. He later re-entered the game.
Recommendation: Following the contest, McAllister called the first quarter of Sunday's game "the worst 15 minutes of his NFL career." Though McAllister will eventually get over his bad game Sunday, the Saints as a team are not likely to improve much during their final four games, something which could hurt Deuce's fantasy value down the stretch. On a positive note, you can expect the running back to get more than a mere seven carries next week at Dallas.
johnnyboy_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby johnnyboy_ffc » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:13 pm

try having jamal lewis and duece on your roster this year.....horrable!!!
johnnyboy_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Warpigs » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:24 pm

johnnyboy wrote:try having jamal lewis and duece on your roster this year.....horrable!!!

I DID have both these guys on my roster. However, I'm not as upset with Jamal's situation because we knew going into the season that he'd probably miss games due to charges and injuries are part of the game. However, Deuce isn't injured (as far as I can tell) and he still turns in one of the biggest goose eggs I've ever seen by a supposed fantasy staple.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:12 pm

Yes Deuce has been very frustrating to say the least. You figuired he had a good matchup against Carolina and he posts a zero. Unreal and not the situation I wanted going into the playoffs next week. Plus I have Favre on my team and he netted me 1 point. I lost by 19 points and my 11 game win streak came to an end.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:45 am

Duece's actions show us why the Saints continue to be the Aints; they have no leaders. Brooks has long been known for his lack of leadership and having your star RB unwilling to accept that role leads to a hapless team that lacks direction. If that doesn't sum up the Saints, I don't know what does.
What I want to know is what is to become of Duece next season? Will he end up a late round steal or a Barlowian bust?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:21 pm

Deuce will probably be a 1st round pick again next year, he was a dominant feature back for the last 2 years, I'd say this year is a fluke off-season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting